Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: tig machine

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyWelder View Post
    I bet you'd reconsider if u stopped by and tried my 221 out....
    I don’t think so…

It would take some pretty strong medicine to overcome the track record and my cumulative Good experience with Miller equipment since I first started in 1968..

Performance, Reliability, Support, Durability.... etc… why is it that we routinely answer questions here about Miller welders that are 20, 30, 40… and yes even 50 years old.. that are still working just fine??... Long after the shiny has worn off...

Call me stubborn… but I know what works… and is likely to still be the standard long after I am gone..

Nope… I would still spend the extra money and buy my Miller Dynasty 200DX, Dynasty 350DX ..MM350P… etc.. these machines (mine) are now several years old and have operated flawlessly..

Long term over the lifespan of a welder’s many thousands of hours operation… how much do you REALLY save by buying the cheaper alternative..?? .. pennies..??

And BTW.. we are discussing this on the MILLER board…. The other guys DON’T HAVE ONE..!!…
    Last edited by H80N; 12-04-2013 at 07:23 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

You should go check out Collin from Toxicfab.com's work and his thoughts on HTP. The Dynasty is a great welder. Seriously though, do you not see the number of Dynasty problem links on the first two pages of this forum?And they are not cheap to fix. I am a Miller fan but to say I have never had any problems with them is lying. They were good to fix them but some issues took too long. My new HTP Invertig 221 definitely has more power and duty cycle than my old Dynasty 200DX....the company hasn't been around as long as Miller so of course they are not as big. I'll tell you this, I got set up from head to toe after calling HTP and getting the machine to my door in 2 days. I then took literally less than 20 minutes to set up the welder, cooler, torch, and everything as it's design is perfect. And you can say what you want, HTP has a great track record as well. And even if it did quit after 10 years I could still buy a complete new setup and still be under the price of one Dynasty setup. I do not buy cheap grinders, cheap tools because they are cheap. I have Snap-on ratchets and air tools. I have a Hypertherm plasma cutter, a Hobart MIG and an HTP tig. I bought them because I feel they are the best in class. I have been a Toyota guy since my dad bought them in 1980. They were always the longest running truck, now the chassis and body have caught up and they are the premium truck on the market. Now a days you don't see a 5 year old Toyota with the bedsides rotted out like the new Chevy Fords and Dodges. But at the same time that doesn't mean a company like Miller or Lincoln can't lose the edge they once had. Do you think Lincoln is still the company they once were? Did China hurt that or getting too big?
    Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    I don’t think so…

It would take some pretty strong medicine to overcome the track record and my cumulative Good experience with Miller equipment since I first started in 1968..

Performance, Reliability, Support, Durability.... etc… why is it that we routinely answer questions here about Miller welders that are 20, 30, 40… and yes even 50 years old.. that are still working just fine??... Long after the shiny has worn off...

Call me stubborn… but I know what works… and is likely to still be the standard long after I am gone..

Nope… I would still spend the extra money and buy my Miller Dynasty 200DX, Dynasty 350DX ..MM350P… etc.. these machines (mine) are now several years old and have operated flawlessly..

Long term over the lifespan of a welder’s many thousands of hours operation… how much do you REALLY save by buying the cheaper alternative..?? .. pennies..??

And BTW.. we are discussing this on the MILLER board…. The other guys DON’T HAVE ONE..!!…

It might be a fine machine... and USA Weld might be a fine company.... But with these concerns:

1...USA Weld single point service verses hundreds of localized dealer/service centers for Miller...

2...concern in this economy for the staying power of one company verses another.. who most likely to still be in business in 5 years? ...Miller or USA Weld?

3...Thousands of Dynasty 200's are out there with a proven track record.. over the last 11+ years ..and it has evolved and improved over the years...... the HTP Tig is a relatively new machine with an unknowable reliability & service forcast...
    (BTW..the Dynasty 200DX has been around since July 2002... vs how long for the new guy??)

For that amperage class of machine I will stick with my Dynasty 200DX.... it may be a few dollars more... but with the solid record of customer service and long history of corporate integrity... I vote Miller...

(and for the next step up I am quite happy with my Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner)

Both of which have given me several years of flawless service...

I am so loyal simply because they are the best machine for MY money...

my 2cents worth....
    Last edited by H80N; 12-08-2013 at 07:58 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

With regards to how many help threads you see about dynasties...How many more dynasties do you think there are in circulation compared to the htp? A small percent of a large number may seem like a lot but it's just that, a small percent.

If you visit every product specific forum you may get the feel that what ever it is happens to be a piece of junk. That is because all of the owners are congregating there to get help with there's when a problem arises. There is usually no reason for someone with a functional product to report nothing is wrong.

First off HTP has been around for thirty years.....staying power is pretty good. ...do what you will....I guess you wouldn't buy a Dynasty 280 because it is "new"? HTPs track record is very good. The Invertig 221 is a new machine in the sense it is an upgraded improved Invertig 200 which had a great track record. I don't buy Chevy's because there are a million dealerships around. I buy Toyota because I don't need to bring it to a dealer....seriously...u have been on millerwelds.com forums a long time.....you know the number of Dynasty complaints and known problems.....fried boards aren't cheap and Miller hasn't sold one or two of them.....thousands.....be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    With regards to how many help threads you see about dynasties...How many more dynasties do you think there are in circulation compared to the htp? A small percent of a large number may seem like a lot but it's just that, a small percent.

If you visit every product specific forum you may get the feel that what ever it is happens to be a piece of junk. That is because all of the owners are congregating there to get help with there's when a problem arises. There is usually no reason for someone with a functional product to report nothing is wrong.

Default RE Labeled STEL

Let's be honest... the HTP 221 is simply a re-badged oem version of an existing model made by STEL in Italy as the Stel "TIG dp 221Hpa AC/DC"

http://www.stelgroup.it/tig-dp-221hpa-ac-dc/

as are other HTP models..

HTP is largely a marketing company.. NOT an engineering or manufacturing organization..

Good or bad... that is the case...

We are talking apples and oranges... I will keep my Dynasties...
    Last edited by H80N; 12-09-2013 at 05:41 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200