Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    That is good to know... but I think I will hang on to my MM350P...

did like their Sanrex built TIG machines though...(not as much as my Dynasties .. but they were a good machine...alas they are extinct and replaced with..... ?? ..)
    Thanks for your reply too H80N. If I had a 350p I wouldn't be lookin at anything. I'm sure they are the cats meow but I'm to poor to pay attention right now. I'm a tractor puller so it comes with the territory lol.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe
    Acer Ultima "Bridgeport Mill"
    Other doodads and a stoker coal stove

Thumbs up How about a MM200,,??

Quote Originally Posted by sledsports View Post
    Thanks for your reply too H80N. If I had a 350p I wouldn't be lookin at anything. I'm sure they are the cats meow but I'm to poor to pay attention right now. I'm a tractor puller so it comes with the territory lol.
    If money is tight you might consider a Millermaric 200...

lots of them on the used market in the $400-600 range...

they have a beautiful arc and have specs and duty cycle nearly identical to the MM252...(270amps @ 35% Duty Cycle..) & Built like a MACK TRUCK

See page #13

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o1303p_mil.pdf

It is truly a classic machine.. & a well kept secret...

Still have mine..

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

I get MANY 350P's in here, probably one of the most troublesome machines for my (industrial) customers. Right now there is 6 sitting here. Not much I don't know about them. Get way to many of them though compared with other machines.

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    Yup just like the "assembled in USA" Millermatic 252's
    NOPE...

I Meant "MADE IN CHINA"............

The MM252 is built in Appleton...
    Not so! You need to recheck your sources.

As of March this year they may be assembled in Appleton...but definitely not "made" in Appleton.

I should know I bought one in June and clearly said "assembled in America"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    Not so! You need to recheck your sources.

As of March this year they may be assembled in Appleton...but definitely not "made" in Appleton.

I should know I bought one in June and clearly said "assembled in America"
    If you read my post..it clearly states "The MM252 is BUILT in Appleton"...

I used the word BUILT on purpose...
    Last edited by H80N; 11-07-2013 at 05:19 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Hey now fellas. Settle down. Lol I didn't mean to cause an argument here. I appreciate all the input and support that's here. This forum is a wealth of knowledge with great folks that's willing to share what they have experienced?. Most everything is comprised of many components from around the world. Its today's way of trade. I pull tractors, I use Cummins as the base for my power plants. there's certainly a group of parts that I specify that I start off with and a lot of those parts aren't made here in the states, some of them are. Can I call my engine "made in the USA" when I'm using a Great Britain block, china liners, us rods, crank, pistons? Why not? It was built in my shop with some offshore components after I modified them. Now I'd like to see everything made here in the states. We have the resources and technology but we don't have the cost of labor or manufacturing down where others have it. The little Chinese guy that built the board in my new welder has a couple kids, a wife, house, cat (if they haven't eaten it yet) and may very well take the same pride in his job that I do building a engine. Our government has put the squeeze on my public job that I work 7-330. Over 700 coal miners got pink slips in the past 3 days due to EPA and government regulations. Its costing more to get it out of the ground than its worth now. I traveled up into Pittsburgh area awhile back along the Ohio river. When you get up into the northern panhandle of West Virginia on north it was an industrial giant. Steel mills galore, fab shops every where, machine shops, anything that everything had to do with built or made in the USA and boomed at one point in time. 90% of it is rusting away, sitting Idle, jobs lost, cold furnaces, torn down coke plants, the list goes on. Made entirely in the USA doesn't exist anymore. Its sad. You gotta swallow it and go on.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sledsports View Post
    Hey now fellas. Settle down. Lol I didn't mean to cause an argument here. I appreciate all the input and support that's here. This forum is a wealth of knowledge with great folks that's willing to share what they have experienced?. Most everything is comprised of many components from around the world. Its today's way of trade. I pull tractors, I use Cummins as the base for my power plants. there's certainly a group of parts that I specify that I start off with and a lot of those parts aren't made here in the states, some of them are. Can I call my engine "made in the USA" when I'm using a Great Britain block, china liners, us rods, crank, pistons? Why not? It was built in my shop with some offshore components after I modified them. Now I'd like to see everything made here in the states. We have the resources and technology but we don't have the cost of labor or manufacturing down where others have it. The little Chinese guy that built the board in my new welder has a couple kids, a wife, house, cat (if they haven't eaten it yet) and may very well take the same pride in his job that I do building a engine. Our government has put the squeeze on my public job that I work 7-330. Over 700 coal miners got pink slips in the past 3 days due to EPA and government regulations. Its costing more to get it out of the ground than its worth now. I traveled up into Pittsburgh area awhile back along the Ohio river. When you get up into the northern panhandle of West Virginia on north it was an industrial giant. Steel mills galore, fab shops every where, machine shops, anything that everything had to do with built or made in the USA and boomed at one point in time. 90% of it is rusting away, sitting Idle, jobs lost, cold furnaces, torn down coke plants, the list goes on. Made entirely in the USA doesn't exist anymore. Its sad. You gotta swallow it and go on.
    Thank You.....

Exceptionally well put..!!..

BTW... I was serious about looking into a used MM200... a good solid machine.. reasonable on the used market...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Well that's good to know! I'll refrain from drooling as bad and keep it in the back of my mind. I'm going to go ahead with the thermal arc unit regardless of where its made or built. At least its not a longevity or everlast and I won't even look their way.
    Syncrowave 350lx
    XMT 350 CC/CV
    S74DX Feeder
    Hypertherm 1000 g3
    Harris O/A
    Cincinnati lathe

Default Thermal Arc Fabricator 252i

I run a welding training program on the west coast, we have three of the 252's. One has a problem with the process selection portion of the machine. It will reset amperage to 230amps, no so good when putting a root pass in. Machine can be reset by pressing process selector button until smaw comes back around

The only other problem we have is duty cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by benweldingawhile View Post
    IThe only other problem we have is duty cycle.
    Could you elaborate on that??

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200