Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I heard a horror story about an outfit that had a heck of a time getting back their $$,$$$ die back from a defunct plastic molding shop. It was like an episode of "Mission Impossible".
    Miller stuff:
    Dialarc 250 (1974)
    Syncrowave 250 (1992)
    Spot welder (Dayton badged)

Quote Originally Posted by Mulepacker View Post
    I have a millermatic 130xp
    I need part# 124 817
    (Housing, Wire Drive)

I've searched for a while this morning, But cannot find it.

Could someone point me in the right direction please?

I appreciate all the help. Though my dilemma has not been solved. I would like to think that a tool company as big and great as Miller, Will provide me with some better help.

BUMP

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Mulepacker View Post
    I appreciate all the help. Though my dilemma has not been solved. I would like to think that a tool company as big and great as Miller, Will provide me with some better help.

BUMP
    It is a 12-15 year old machine.... and Miller is in the process of putting the part back in production.... All companies have supplier hiccups... but Miller is actively working to resolve this one..
    That sounds pretty responsive to me... what do you expect?? Room Service??..

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    Gentlemen,

We are currently in the process of getting this part number re-instated. The diecaster that made these closed and we had to recover the die, locate another diecaster and a machine shop to machine them. It is going to take some time but they will be available in the future.
    Last edited by H80N; 11-20-2013 at 07:02 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Why don't you post a picture of the broken part? I'd be willing to bet one of the guys here can figure out a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    Gentlemen,

We are currently in the process of getting this part number re-instated. The diecaster that made these closed and we had to recover the die, locate another diecaster and a machine shop to machine them. It is going to take some time but they will be available in the future.
    estimated time for the future?

I actually just inspected some raw castings for this today. They look good so we gave them
    the go ahead to send them to be machined. I'm not sure where we are on their schedule so
    I can't give you a hard date but it's a local tooling company that we work with quite a bit
    doing the machining so I don't think it will be too long.

Sorry thats all the info I can give you right now.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.

It sounds as if Miller is on top of this one...may take some time...BUT, if it comes down to it, if you have a broken part and a welder and a lathe and a milling machine and know how they work/how to use them YOU CAN MAKE ANYTHING!! That is my "motto" and so far I haven't been stumped!
    Don J
    Reno, NV

Never pick a fight with an old guy. Old guys are too smart to fight and get hurt. They'll just kill you and get it over with.

I wish I had a lathe, and a milling machine. I am looking for thoes things but I am still in the process of TOOLING up. Until then, I'm going to give this forum post a BUMP

and in all reality I have been in the tooling up process for the past 15 years. Will also continue too until I cannot anymore

Just wanted to let everyone know the 124817 drive housings are now in stock here in Appleton.
    Kevin Schuh
    Service Technician
    Miller Electric Mfg. Co.