Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 325 miller efi excel power

Well here we are again broke down . The people at kolher are trying to fix it , they first thought it was a spack plug now they think it is an engine temp sencor . This is unreal I have never had this much trouble with a welder in my life. So what I think I am going to to is go back to the old faithful 305G Lincoln I am done with the blue by you

Hi horseshack,
    We are very sorry for the issues you've been having with your welder. If you would like to send us a private message with the serial number, a phone number to reach you and a good time to call, we'll give you a call directly to find out what's going on and how we can help.

Horseshack,
    Thank you for taking the time to discuss your problem with our Engine Drive Service Team and our Kohler staff engineers on the phone. We hope the solutions we were able to provide to further troubleshoot your unit were helpful. Our partners at Kohler are key elements in the service support network you get when you purchase a Miller engine drive with a Kohler engine. We want to work together to ensure you are fully satisfied with your purchase. We do apologize for the inconvenience this down time has caused you and will use the details of your case for improving our processes in the future. Please reach out to us after you have had a chance to contact your Kohler service center and they’ve inspected the areas we’ve suggested. We want to know how the rest of your experience treats you and ensure you get back up and running.

Good to know I'm not the only one

I had trouble with mine too... after they replaced a faulty fuel pump module though, I've not had any problems. So far....

Default Miller 325 excel power

Well we are still down , After a week of still not knowing whats doing on the miller 325 is still down . Thank the lord for the Lincoln welding company who got me a new 305 Lincoln . All I can say is that Miller should be ashamed of them selfs , There is a lot of talk but no action to get me going again. Tried to get in contact with the local miller representative no response.

Seems to be a lot of that happening. Might just go ahead and do the same thing...

Horseshack,
    We looked into your machine again and here is the timeline of action that is being taken from Kohler and Miller:

The unit is with a Kohler authorized repair center B & B - the engine will surge under long-lasting heavy load only. At this time, B & B will perform a ECU/TPS re-learn procedure, and then the unit will go to a Miller service center to be load tested for proper output prior to the customer receiving the unit.

Once we get word that the machine is back up, you will be notified for pick-up.

Really it all comes down to doing a really simple ecu reset after a part (fuel module) is changed. No shop seems to do it, the reset takes a mere 2 minutes.