Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Just look at used equipment suppliers.

I bought 2 - 4' x 8' x 1" thick steel tables with 3x3 tube legs and cross braces and shelf for $500 each. The tops alone is worth 800.

For things like this, second hand is always a great option.

here is how I did my table. Tubing for the legs, C channel for the table supports. Slots for clamps. overhang on the edges. I can put a clamp on 70% or more of the table. Comes in really handy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Miller 350P
    Miller Econotig
    Milwaukee Dry saw
    Evolution Dry saw (for sale)
    Scotchman 350 cold saw
    7x12 bandsaw
    1910 ATW 14 x 72 lathe
    fridge full of adult beverages
    Sirius radio

www.snpequipment.com
    callouses and burns a plenty

Quote Originally Posted by STRENGTH AND POWER View Post
    here is how I did my table. Tubing for the legs, C channel for the table supports. Slots for clamps. overhang on the edges. I can put a clamp on 70% or more of the table. Comes in really handy.
    Nice table....think i am going to modify mine.
    JIM

Owner Operator of JNT Mobile Welding & Repair LLC
    Millermatic 350P Aluma Pro
    Dynasty 200DX
    Maxstar 150 STL
    Trailblazer 302
    Suitecase 12RC
    Extreme 12VS
    Extreme 8VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Miller HF251D-1
    Passport Plus
    Spoolmate 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 45 and 85
    Ingersoll Rand Engine Driven Compressor
    Dake 75 ton H-Frame Press
    JD Squared Model 32 Bender
    Miller Digital Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Country Metals View Post
    Just look at used equipment suppliers.

I bought 2 - 4' x 8' x 1" thick steel tables with 3x3 tube legs and cross braces and shelf for $500 each. The tops alone is worth 800.

For things like this, second hand is always a great option.
    ya im all about the second hand i got the top for free. ive been waiting to come across material for the legs for cheap but i cant wait any longer i need a table.

Get angle and weld two together to make 3 x 3 square.

Go with the tube, verses angle, When a wheel hits a crack in the cement they have a tendancy to want to fold much sooner than a tube will.

I just had a 6,000 Lb. Grapple on my bench so spend a couple bucks more and you wont be sorry.

This is the table i made a couple of weeks ago, and if your garage floor is anything like mine get yourself some 5/8" bolts and nuts and make levelers as in pic 2
    Attached Images Attached Images