Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Spoolmate aluminum help

I recently received a spoolmate 100 spool gun. I am using it with the multimatic 200. I can lay down a good bead with the spray transfer on the flat side of the 3/4" x 3/4" square aluminum tubing 1/16" thick. However when I go to weld the joint sections, it looks like I am laying down worm droppings. Does anyone have some advice as what I may be doing wrong. 100% argon, 14 amps with 320 wire speed. This is what the setting is at for laying down the good bead on the flat.

No one has any information to provide? Looking to see if any one has some advice to try on this matter. Thanks -

Preheat,,,,

Sounds like the weld is cold. Try turning the voltage up and adjust wire speed as needed. Also Check your ground. I find that when i ground one end of the two parts to be welded if my welding table is cleaned and shinned up the bead will start easier and cleaner. I wouldn't think 1/16" would need any preheat but ive been wrong before.
    HH 210MVP
    Spoolrunner 100
    Powercraft AC buzz box
    Lotas LTP5000D plasma
    Victor Oxy/Acet
    30 ton press
    A few brand name tools
    Lots of no name tools
    A wife to worry me
    and 4 dogs to supervise me

Posting Permissions