Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is the Miller Dynasty 280 DX Available Now?

Is the Miller Dynasty DX available now? BR Welding says it is, but I know these companies all have Miller drop ship the unit. BR Welding shows the unit available, but no other companies have it listed. What's up?

The Dynasty and Maxstar 280 air-cooled product are currently in a nationwide, limited quantity rollout status. Please expect lead times for these products and purchase orders will be processed in the order of which they are received. You can contact your Miller Sales representative or customer service to receive the latest updates on lead times.

We recommend any customers who require a water-cooled system wait for the release of models that feature a Cooler Power™ receptacle designed to power and operate the Coolmate™ 1.3 (the Coolmate 1.3 would otherwise be required to plug into the facility 115V power). We will also be introducing complete water-cooled packages which include the Coolmate 1.3 and the Weldcraft® WP-280 torch. Please watch for future communications later in Q4 on the availability of machines with the Cooler Power feature and complete water-cooled packages.

Because Miller Electric sells through distribution partners it is up to the particular distributor to list an item if they so choose.

I called my LWS to order a 280DX and was told only the basic 280 aircooled rig is available. So I asked when the water cooler model will be available because I said I have a cooler available. I was told perhaps late November, early December and the water cooler receptacle will only accept a special plug.

In light of having to buy the miller cooler with a special plug I may have to rethink this purchase. Perhaps an adapter will be available. Otherwise I may have to just plug my cooler into a wall socket.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800
    PlasmaCam CNC cutter
    Fadal Toolroom CNC Mill
    SiberHegner CNC Mill
    2 ea. Bridgeport
    LeBlond 15" Lathe
    Haberle 18" Cold Saw
    Doringer 14" Cold Saw
    6 foot x 12 foot Mojave granite

wow that would really be silly if they put a proprietary AC plug for the cooler.

Terry, i dont think it would be hard to re-wire your current cooler if that happens. just buy the plug or pigtail from miller and wire it to your cooler.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by shovelon View Post
    I called my LWS to order a 280DX and was told only the basic 280 aircooled rig is available. So I asked when the water cooler model will be available because I said I have a cooler available. I was told perhaps late November, early December and the water cooler receptacle will only accept a special plug.

In light of having to buy the miller cooler with a special plug I may have to rethink this purchase. Perhaps an adapter will be available. Otherwise I may have to just plug my cooler into a wall socket.
    Terry

I had heard some stuff that made me wonder too.... so I asked on the other thread.... Post #17

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...738#post312738

Never did get an answer...
    Last edited by H80N; 10-26-2013 at 01:44 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

GOING TO GUESS AND SAY THE " Special plug" is just like the Lincoln where the cooler only comes on as the foot pedal is pressed, cept Lincoln doesn't use a special plug.

Smile

One of the tantalyzing rumors ...

Goes that the water cooled Dynasty 280DX would have water passages inside to aid cooling and increase the duty cycle... so that the water from the coolmate that cools the torch would provide additional cooling for the power supply...

Interesting thought...
    Last edited by H80N; 10-26-2013 at 08:24 PM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default Water cooled mystery..

They posted the manuals and I did a little looking for the "Special Connector" for the water cooled version

Nothing in the users manual shows anything too exotic..…

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o253086d_mil.pdf

The parts book shows the back panel prepunched for the connector

Figure 16-4. Panel, Rear w/Components LOOKS LIKE THE MONITOR POWER CONNECTOR THAT THEY USED ON THE FIRST IBM PC COMPUTERS…(1983)

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/t253086a_pt_mil.pdf

Maybe one of the Miller Factory Technical people could confirm or deny??
    Last edited by H80N; 10-30-2013 at 08:23 PM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

if you look at the connector in the parts book and the bottom right aux power connector on this PC power supply

pc supply.jpg

looks like the coolmate connector on the back of the watercooled Dynasty 280DX doesn't it..??

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    if you look at the connector in the parts book and the bottom right aux power connector on this PC power supply

pc supply.jpg

looks like the coolmate connector on the back of the watercooled Dynasty 280DX doesn't it..??
    It sure does. This is going to get interesting. I have a bad feeling about it.
    Nothing welded, Nothing gained

Miller Dynasty700DX
    3 ea. Miller Dynasty350DX
    Miller Dynasty200DX
    ThermalArc 400 GTSW
    MillerMatic350P
    MillerMatic200 with spoolgun
    MKCobraMig260
    Lincoln SP-170T
    Linde UCC305 (sold 2011)
    Hypertherm 1250
    Hypertherm 800