Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: trailblazer 325

Hybrid View

Default trailblazer 325

Any of you have one of these?
    -any reviews on that machine?
    -what do you mostly weld with it?

Nice machine IF you buy a new one. Though I'd imagine that most of the older versions have been up dated, Had major problems in the summer heat. Changing out a fuel modulator fixed that issue.

Default miller 325 efi excel power

I bought one of these welders and I have had nothing but trouble with it. They replaced the fuel pump of what they thought the problem was NOT. I am very disgusted with this machine it does not weld the way it should I am always fighting with my arc and it never whats to just WELD. The good thing only about this welder is that at low amperage on tig mode this welder is very good .But that is all . I have five of my close friends who all bought one of these welders and all the same trouble and miller does not know or what to help. My one friend the excel power side started on FIRE . He took it in and the techs at Appleton promised him a new welder or something to keep him going at his job NOT. I was at a job yesterday with my welder I was burning 3/16 7018 and it would not burn it I struck an arc welded about four inchs and then black smoke out of the exhaust and just dyes out . There was six other welders around and about three apprentices around also witnessing this . I wonder how many welders miller is going to sell after that episode .thanks

You have to RESET the engine, not a big deal, then it runs real nice. Replace an engine part duhhhh reset the ecm on the engine.

What I do is reset the ECM, remove the foam element of the air filter and install a better air filter,
    Been using Lubrifiner #LAF5802 WAY BETTER
    Last edited by cruizer; 10-25-2013 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    You have to RESET the engine, not a big deal, then it runs real nice. Replace an engine part duhhhh reset the ecm on the engine.

What I do is reset the ECM, remove the foam element of the air filter and install a better air filter,
    Been using Lubrifiner #LAF5802 WAY BETTER
    How do you go about resetting the engine?

Drop right side engine door

There will be a little 4 prong plug with a cap on it, you will want to jumper the black and the white wires with a paper clip

Turn the engine to run (no start) wait 10 seconds then off 2 times

Remove the paper clip

Start the engine and with your hand over ride the encoder for low idle
    for 5 seconds.

You may just start it and put the machine to low idle for all intensive purposes, Miller wants you to drop the engine to 1500 rpm, over riding the encoder arm does this otherwise you really have to screw around lining the arms back up

Turn the engine off for 10 seconds.

Restart and off you go

Default The 325 an improvement?

Sometimes it just seems like Miller feels obligated to bring out a half-baked improvement. I guess this was supposed to be better than the Lincoln 305. Smaller, lighter, more power. What is next? Turbocharging a 2 cylinder kohler and claiming it's a lighter replacement for a 4 cylinder diesel?
    Ornamental fabrication shop worker
    at home...
    2011 Hobart Handler 210MVP
    2013 spoolrunner 100 spool gun

Default trailblazer 325

Any good recommandation for a "good" engine drive welder,in that price range?
    Will be using suitcase welder,steel ,aluminum,stainless and all whats weldable..lol!

I need a smooth arc,steAdy,reliable,powerfull without having to pay 30g's