Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: headche rack

Default headche rack

I just finished this headache rack for a budy of mine for his dodge dually.hope you guys like it.the harse shoes are real horse shoes the two small ones are from a regular horse and the big one up top in the middle is a clydsdale. I put 4 coats of bronze on them and sanded them down then I ran a buffing wheel over the horse I cut out so that way the top of the raised part would shine . for the details on the horse I just ran a mig over the lines I drew to give it some sorta detail. after I finished I sprayed it with bed liner and then put a nice thick coat of clear gloss over the shoes and horse just to keep the shoes shiny and the details on the horse that I buffed down to stay shiny and not rust.the horse was torch cut and the horse shoes was brazed they took over 25 brazing rods to do them.

here is a few more pics .we are gonna install it on his truck later today

Default headche rack

Nice work!

That looks great. I like the horse head. Unique.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

thanks the guy I made it for had horses so I figured I would do a horse theme.here is a pic of it complete.

Default nice

That looks great. Very artistic.
    ARMOR
    MOBILE WELDING&SERVICES
    Trailblazer 302
    X-TREME 12VS
    Spoolmatic 30A
    Millermatic 135
    WeldCraft WPseries TIG torch
    Smith oxy set.

Nice job. Somebody can draw really well. ........
    HH 210MVP
    Spoolrunner 100
    Powercraft AC buzz box
    Lotas LTP5000D plasma
    Victor Oxy/Acet
    30 ton press
    A few brand name tools
    Lots of no name tools
    A wife to worry me
    and 4 dogs to supervise me

thanks guys I drew all my life and I do a lot of pastel drwings this is the first time I combined the two trades . I honestly didn't know how the thing would come out. I don't have a plasma cutter my hand is steady as a rock . I can cut pretty good with my torch some guys tell me to stop and breathe.lol I do plan on getting me a plasma cutter one day sinse I done this rack a guy saw it yesterday and wants to know if I can do a mack truck theme rack for him with a bull dog head instead of a horse head. I also plan on doing me one for my truck with a welding theme if anyone has any good welding pics that would look good for a rack please post them.i use my little harris hobbie torch to just my thin stuff the smallest tip I can find for my victors is a 00 but I ran across a 000 for the harris and I cut the oxygen pressure down to about 30 lbs that way I get the smallest flame possible so I don't put to much heat on the designs. there is a member in here that does stainless steel flowers and stuff .I really would like to give that a try if anyone can post me a link to his artwork that would be great I think he used diferent heat to turn the metal diferent colors and I really liked his work. sorry for the long reply I get carried away when typing. and please forgive my typing skills i'm a welder fitter not a secretary and I don't know a lot of where to put periods and other marks at.thanks again for the comments and if anyone has any input to maybe do it better feel free to post them your never to old to learn a new trick or two.

Nice job..