Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Spoolmatic 30a gun pinout diagram? Illustration?

Hello everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me out with some information on the Miller Spoolmatic 30A Spool gun.

I have a Thermal Arc Fabricator 251 with a 10-pin Amphenol connector and I have attached the pinout diagram to this post. I have been told that the Miller Spoolmatic 30A gun is a plug and play spool gun for my machine. I have an opportunity to buy a 30A Spoolmatic for a good price but want to make sure the pinout is the same on the miller and it will match up. Has anyone done this before? Please take a look at the pinout for my machine and the wiring diagram for the Spoolmatic 30A. Not sure if Amphenol 10-pin plugs are always the same with regard to the lettering that corresponds to the location of the pins on the male and female ends or if it changes from manufacturer to manufacturer (meaning, on the amphenol plug, does miller rename pin/hole letters a,b,c,d,...etc themselves or do they conform to whatever Amphenol labels the plugs)....?

Thanks in advance for your help! I sure would like to be able to buy the Miller Spool gun instead of a Tweco and I don't want to have to buy a whole new "machine and spool gun" setup to get the jobs I need done!

PINOUT.TA1.jpg

MILLERWIRING1.jpg

SAME, plug and play

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    SAME, plug and play

So, no repinning necessary?

Thats generally what "Plug and Play" means

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Thats generally what "Plug and Play" means
    Thanks for the laugh Jeff.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD