Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller sync 250dx 2005 with code 19 showing

My 250dx worked perfect about 6 months ago. I turned it off after doing a little aluminum welding and haven't used it in like i said about 6 months. I used it recently and it welded for about 2-3 seconds and shut off displaying a code -19. I looked it up in the manual and it said, low coolant. I changed out the old coolant, cleaned the tank because there was some brown crude in there, cleaned the stainless screen type filter because that brown crude was in there to, and filled it up with the miller coolant and it still shuts off in 2-3 seconds with the 19 code. I read where someone suggested checking the pressure switch, which i don't know how to do,or it could be a clogged torch or bad pump. I went through the prime mode described in the manual and the pump sounded like it was running and the clear lense filter filled up with the coolant, so i think the pump is running. Any suggestions on what could be wrong and how i might check it so i can get it back going. Thanks.
    Guy

Miller Sync 250 DX
    Miller Challenger Mig
    Century/Lincoln 225/140 Buzz Box
    Hypertherm Powermax 30

Since there 3 250 DX units, and you guys NEVER seem to give me a serial#, I'm going to guess and say that your pressure switch in your cooler has crapped out

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Since there 3 250 DX units, and you guys NEVER seem to give me a serial#, I'm going to guess and say that your pressure switch in your cooler has crapped out
    Ordered the pressure switch today, roughly about $20, thanks for the help. Will post up again on the results of the new switch whether it worked or not.
    Guy

Miller Sync 250 DX
    Miller Challenger Mig
    Hypertherm Powermax 30

I replaced the pressure switch and i am getting the same code 19 low coolant flow on my 2005 sync 250 dx.

What is the best way to check to see if the torch or the lines are clogged? I can hear the pump running when i try to prime the system but do not know if it is circulating the coolant. I am going to disconnect a line from the torch to see if coolant is making it that far. Does it matter which line i disconnect and is this what i should do? Thanks.
    Guy

Miller Sync 250 DX
    Miller Challenger Mig
    Hypertherm Powermax 30