Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Pulse module for 2002 Syncrowave?

I've got a older syncrowave, around the 2002 vintage. I am trying to find a pulse board for it so I can install the pulse feature. I called my local shop and Miller and it looks like this board has been discontinued for my year machine.

Does anyone know some place to get one of these? I have the assembly number as well as the serial number to my machine, I will post them tomorrow.

Discountined for many years, and not present anywhere that I know of. Really a pointless feature anyways. I'd guess you want just because the machine looks empty without it.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    Discountined for many years, and not present anywhere that I know of. Really a pointless feature anyways. I'd guess you want just because the machine looks empty without it.

I do a lot of thin stainless work so if the machine can do it I'd like to install it, but yes it's not exactly a make or break function.

I bought the pulse feature for my sync 250dx and i didn't really find it helpful at all. That module has a max PPS of 10 and it drove me crazy to the point i couldn't focus on the weld. It wasn't until i got the dynasty that i found the benefits of pulse on thin steel or stainless.

The more I hear people talk up the dynasty features the more it sounds like it "welds for you". I'd rather master a more basic machine then have one that could maybe be set to make up for my own short comings. With my welding now if I look at it afterwards and something's wrong I look at it as a change I need to make not so much a setting on the machine. Maybe that's just me being more of an analog person rather then digital.

That being said I do wish my machine had more AC adjustments.
    Last edited by mrk1; 10-10-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Speling

If you want to "dial in" your basic TIG skills why are you looking at purchasing the pulsing module for the syncrowave?

Just because the machine is able to do it and I paid for the machine. Also since this isn't a readily available part I thought I would float this out there to see if I got any bites.

Quote Originally Posted by mrk1 View Post
    The more I hear people talk up the dynasty features the more it sounds like it "welds for you". I'd rather master a more basic machine then have one that could maybe be set to make up for my own short comings. With my welding now if I look at it afterwards and something's wrong I look at it as a change I need to make not so much a setting on the machine. Maybe that's just me being more of an analog person rather then digital.

That being said I do wish my machine had more AC adjustments.
    I recently purchased a Dynasty 200 DX. And I can guaranty you that it doesn't "welds for you". Lol. This is a seriously complex machine. If you take the time to experiment with the settings and figure out the capabilities, this machine will make you a better welder. The Dynasty machines can do more things easier-regardless of your experience or skill!

And if you want AC adjustments, the Dynasty has frequency, balance, and yes-pulse adjustments. Makes my life easier!

Quote Originally Posted by regal2800 View Post
    I bought the pulse feature for my sync 250dx and i didn't really find it helpful at all. That module has a max PPS of 10 and it drove me crazy to the point i couldn't focus on the weld. It wasn't until i got the dynasty that i found the benefits of pulse on thin steel or stainless.
    My Syncrowave 200 has pulse with a maximum of 10 pps. I don't think it's very useful. As mentioned here, pulse has a use but it needs to be at much higher levels than offered on the transformer machines.

That said, I'm very happy with the Syncrowave, expecially given the prices of the Dynasty and other inverter units. The Syncrowave is a very solid unit and would be cheaper to repair or replace than the more expensive ones so it's going to stay around even after I find a deal on an inverter-based machine.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"