Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drill bits

I really like Vermont American bits. They cut very fast and hold an edge well.

Default Drill bits

I use Walter SST bits they are a bit pricey but when drilling lots of holes with a hand drill on site I want them to be good and cut fast but HANG ON!!!

Those trailer decks can be a PITA! They are often high tensile steel. I ended up using the gold coated bits from McMaster Carr as well. I think I used 7/32.......anyways.....with a smaller bit keep your speed up.......don't stop on the way through.....they will snap right off.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpack View Post
    I use Irwin high speed bits. There the cheapest but work the best for me in alum and steel. We get them at a old local lumber yard there silver colored. I've try all the high dollar ones not no more. They resharpen good too. One of the few cheap products that work.

Posting Permissions

• You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 62

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 137