Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

This isn't about a new guy but its funny. This fellow had a habit of jumping in trash cans and mashing the paper down. So after watching him for a few weeks we deceided to fill the cans half full of water and put some floating foam peanuts on the top. Yup he jumped right in. It was also the last time...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

When i started at the job im at now my shop foreman gave me a box and told me to bring it to the shop manager unbeknown to me the contents of the box was a thing of nozzle dip, some knee pads, and a paper towel... so the manager had me open the box for him while i was in his office... he told me either get busu or get back to work...

We hired a new guy recently not a green horn but new to the shop. We wired in a car horn to the radio.. we told him to go plug in the radio and turn it on... poor guy in his early 50's or so just about had a heart attack.

We got together in the shop to prank our manager has not happened yet.... i just bought the stuff to pull off the prank. Bossman likes to sit on his lazy ass in his air conditioned office all day and play games on his phone... so we figured a pretty good way to get him out of the office would be to spray some doe piss in his a/c....ill let yall know the results of how that works out for us on Monday

We got a temp one day and my boss brought him over to me and said dont let him touch a thing, hes gone tommorrow. Well he wanted to help so i hand him a 4inch grinder and tild him to grind these welds flush. He takes the grinder and starts pushing it like a file on the weld going back and foward. Hes moving the cord out of his way and everything. He looks up at me and says this takes a while huh. I was in disbelief just starring at him. I was pry a jerk though because instead of helping him i had to go get someone else to check this out. Mind you that the grinder was not plugged in the whole time. I dont know about u guys but even if ive never used somthing before and it has a cord id kinda figure it needed to be plugged in.

Default bagel

watched a guy chase a leak around a 1 1/2 pipe so much weld it looked like he stuck a bagel around the pipe

carefully silicone the holes in the diffuser on the mig gun do it nice and neat so they can't see it the weld will come out looking like a metal sponge

The old stick flux down the shirt is a good one! My old foreman used to do this one to me... after welding on a fitting or Hard line to a hydraulic cylinder he would take out the oil can and out a drop and let it start to run before he called me over as he was testing it.

We had a new guy who was more confident in his abilities than he should have been so almost anytime he ran out of wire/gas, the machinists and i would either turn off his gas, turn his voltage all the way down, turn off the feeder disconnect the remote leads/remote wire. Good kid for putting up with it so much, and he did level out but was sent packing for missing too many days