Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default new auto darkening hood

I'm gonna buy another hood soon and would appreciate yalls opinions on the pros and cons of the different respective hoods out there. Try to convince me to buy your preference. Thanks!
    Last edited by fencemaker; 10-07-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Look at the three sold by HTP. Available either on their website or eBay. I have a Jackson NexGen, and prefer this one to my Jackson.

http://www.usaweld.com/Striker-Steal.../90130-csv.htm

Default Auto on

Make sure it has auto on/off. I can't understand why the manufactures even make a manual on hood.
    My Jackson is manual on and so is my Miller Digital Elite.
    I bought the Miller Digital and love it, it's always on, and you never get flashed.
    In the pickup it's an old school hood, with diffent shades lens to change out, no room for more than one hood.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    Millermatic 252 w/30A
    Big Blue Air Pak
    Ellis 3000 Band Saw
    Trailblazer 302 Air Pak w/ Wireless Remote
    8-RC
    Dynasty 200 DX
    XMT 350 MPa w/S-74 MPa Plus
    Millermatic 211
    Passport Plus
    Spectrum 625 X-TREME
    Lincoln SA-200 Blue Tint Red Face '63
    2-Lincoln SA-200 Red Face '68
    SA-200 Black Face '59
    SA-200 Green Lite '84
    SA-200 Green Lite '80
    SA-200 Red Face '69
    SA-200 Red Face '66
    SA-200 Green Lite '81
    '70 Black Face Round Barrel

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Miller:312742
    Make sure it has auto on/off. I can't understand why the manufactures even make a manual on hood.
    My Jackson is manual on and so is my Miller Digital Elite.
    I bought the Miller Digital and love it, it's always on, and you never get flashed.
    In the pickup it's an old school hood, with diffent shades lens to change out, no room for more than one hood.
    Good Luck,
    Bob
    Which jackson hood do you have Bob? I really like the shape of jackson hoods they keep fire off of me better then any other I have used. I have a Jackson old school hood with passive lense that I use predominantly all the time and prefer, but I've been working with another guy part time that does not pay much attention and he will burn my eyes out if I don't watch it so I'm going to buy an auto darkener. another thing I really like about Jackson hood is how comfortable there headgear are as opposed to Miller,, Lincoln, and other hoods

Quote Originally Posted by fencemaker View Post
    I'm gonna buy another hood soon and would appreciate yalls opinions on the pros and cons of the different respective hoods out there. Try to convince me to buy your preference. Thanks!
    I just ordered the new hood from Esab. Tried it out at my LWS. It has a large viewing area and the new technology that shows the colors great through the lens. My Miller shows everything as green. My Arc One is red. The Esab lets you actually see different colors, not just shades. Kinda pricey, but I like it. And it has some kind of anti-distortion tech-the filter works regardless of the angle you look through the lense.