Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Generator for Maxstar 200 DX?

Hey guys, first time poster here.. I've searched posts and found threads about recommended generators for the Maxstar 150's but nothing on the 200. I bought a Miller Maxstar 200 DX a few weeks ago and am looking to run it off a generator. It has a 230v plug on it now. The airgas the guy I bought it from told me "no less then 10,000 watts" which seems awfully high, seeings how people are recommending 5500 watt for the Maxstar 150. My father has a 6500 watt gen., and a friend has a 8500 watt gen. Would either of these work for me? Could I ruin/destroy my machine if I use a generator smaller then recommended? What advantages would having a 460v plug on it vs. a 230v plug? Would it be worth changing?

Please, only considerate and helpful posts are wanted! Thanks for all the input everyone!

Welcome aboard...

you might re run your search as "Dynasty Generator" there have been scads of good threads on the subject... the Dynasty 200 has the same power requirements as the Maxstar 200....

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..