Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default trouble finding where to buy bobcat service manual

I have a miller bobcat 225g.
    It apparently has a problem with fuel flow.I noticed that the fuel filter is only less than half full while it struggles to keep running.
    I dont want to start taking it apart without a manual.
    Do I get a manual for the onan engine? Or is ther one for the whole machine besides the owners manual?
    Thanks. I love this website!

Smile Gummed carb??

Quote Originally Posted by a12bsmilin View Post
    It apparently has a problem with fuel flow.I noticed that the fuel filter is only less than half full while it struggles to keep running.
    Do I get a manual for the onan engine? Or is ther one for the whole machine besides the owners manual?
    First thing to do is download the owners manual for your specific version of the Bobcat 225G...

that is done by plugging in your welder serial number here...(free download)

http://www.millerwelds.com/service/ownersmanuals.php

this will tell you which engine you have...

probably a P216... but better to double check..

if it is a P216 (or that family)

here is a link for FREE PDF download of the Engine Service Manual..

http://www.cumminsonan.com/www/pdf/manuals/965-0762.pdf

sounds like maybe a gummed carb and filter...

I would drain the gas, replace the filter and put in fresh gas with some carb/injector cleaner and run it to loosen the gum..
    Probably some of one of those spray carb cleaners down the intake and let soak would not hurt either....
    There is a lot of varnish in modern gas...
    Last edited by H80N; 10-01-2013 at 08:03 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

For engine problems you want an engine specific manual usually not available through Miller. I got mine off ebay reasonably priced. Make sure you get all the numbers off of the engine itself. There should be a tag somewhere on the engine.
    MM250
    Trailblazer 250g
    22a feeder
    Lincoln ac/dc 225
    Victor O/A
    MM200 black face
    Whitney 30 ton hydraulic punch
    Lown 1/8x 36" power roller
    Arco roto-phase model M
    Vectrax 7x12 band saw
    Miller spectrum 875
    30a spoolgun w/wc-24
    Syncrowave 250
    RCCS-14

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MMW View Post
    For engine problems you want an engine specific manual usually not available through Miller. I got mine off ebay reasonably priced. Make sure you get all the numbers off of the engine itself. There should be a tag somewhere on the engine.
    Or download it for FREE from Cummins-Onan....

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Quote Originally Posted by a12bsmilin View Post
    The "half full filter" itself is not a problem.

Griff

Thumbs up

Here is a thread on that problem that might be helpful....

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...ler-225-g-carb

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default trouble finding where to buy bobcat service manual

Fuel line crack
    Fuel pump issue
    Carb float or jets.

Try gravity feeding it fuel by using a small tank held above the carb. Problem gone then check the fuel lines and pump.
    Problem still there then it's in the carb. Haven't been into mine yet but starving can be a plugged jet or a sticking needle valve.

The suction line on mine inside the tank had a small crack in it about half way down. Would run great with a full tank then start to stutter as the level dropped. Took a while to find but an easy fix.