Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: weld coupons

Default weld coupons

It's ok my man. I was just clarifying myself. No worries.
    I thought the same when I saw the pics and the caption. For a sec I felt really bad about my spoolgun mig skills till I was like, NAAAAAAAH that's tig

Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Yea but it doesn't, that's why I asked what he used...
    It DOES TIG so I guess then it would do Alum...? Are you sure you are talking about the correct machine?
    He has the MULTI-Matic not the Miller-Matic.
    I am sure I saw a "contractor kit" that IS a TIG set-up.

"Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig." From OP
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

I Am sure it does not tig ALUMINUM. It's a dc only power source which can tig, mig and stick in DC. It can hook a spool mate up to it for aluminum, but as I and others have pointed out that coupon is clearly tig welded. Are you sure your talking about the same machine?
    Last edited by Cgotto6; 10-01-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    It DOES TIG so I guess then it would do Alum...? Are you sure you are talking about the correct machine?
    He has the MULTI-Matic not the Miller-Matic.
    I am sure I saw a "contractor kit" that IS a TIG set-up.

"Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig." From OP
    I won't claim to know much about tig or this machine but it can be set up to do DC tig but not AC tig. From what I've read aluminum is AC tig only. Likely preferably with HF as well. If I had the machine, the setup and the gas I'd probably try it just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But I can be contrary.---Meltedmetal

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    I won't claim to know much about tig or this machine but it can be set up to do DC tig but not AC tig. From what I've read aluminum is AC tig only. Likely preferably with HF as well. If I had the machine, the setup and the gas I'd probably try it just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But I can be contrary.---Meltedmetal
    That is why I put the question mark in there too...looks like he was claiming it could be done. I don't do it, and by it I mean TIG of any kind.
    Just For Home Projects.

That is why I put the question mark in there too...looks like he was claiming it could be done. I don't do it, and by it I mean TIG of any kind.
    Thus far "Only his hairdresser knows for sure". Maybe he'll enlighten us.---Meltedmetal

Not to be to critical but I believe the steel is a fillet weld not a groove weld. It looks really good though!

Hey guys sorry for the confusion the steel is with my new multimatic. But the alum is with my older dynasty. Having probs with my app, and the steel is a 3f fillet.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    Thus far "Only his hairdresser knows for sure". Maybe he'll enlighten us.---Meltedmetal
    That is a saying I haven't heard in a LONG time... dribbled my coffee I did.
    Just For Home Projects.

That is a saying I haven't heard in a LONG time... dribbled my coffee I did.
    You've given something away about you age if you remember it from the original ad campaign. If I'm not mistaken it was "Lady Clairol" that first used it. If I'm correct it says something about the power of catch phases in advertising. At any rate it made its way into common usage for all sorts of often inappropriate smart-mouthed comments in the language around here and I expect elsewhere too. Hope no offense was taken in any quarter, none was intended.---Meltedmetal