Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums
 
Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: weld coupons

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6

    Default weld coupons

    Hey guys I've been a student for a year now. Thought I'd put up some work on coupons I've been doing at home. Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig. The first is 3G aluminum 18g, and the second is a 3G steel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Front Royal, Va
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Real nice work. I think the pict descriptions are reversed. Steel is first. Keep up the good work.
    HH 210MVP
    Spoolrunner 100
    Powercraft AC buzz box
    Lotas LTP5000D plasma
    Victor Oxy/Acet
    30 ton press
    A few brand name tools
    Lots of no name tools
    A wife to worry me
    and 4 dogs to supervise me

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    539

    Default

    What did you weld the aluminum with?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default weld coupons

    Multimatic 200 doesn't weld aluminum

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zibby View Post
    Multimatic 200 doesn't weld aluminum
    Sure looks like it does to me...
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Wa
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zibby View Post
    Multimatic 200 doesn't weld aluminum
    Sure looks like it does to me...
    Yea but it doesn't, that's why I asked what he used...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cgotto6 View Post
    Yea but it doesn't, that's why I asked what he used...
    It DOES TIG so I guess then it would do Alum...? Are you sure you are talking about the correct machine?
    He has the MULTI-Matic not the Miller-Matic.
    I am sure I saw a "contractor kit" that IS a TIG set-up.

    "Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig." From OP
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    It DOES TIG so I guess then it would do Alum...? Are you sure you are talking about the correct machine?
    He has the MULTI-Matic not the Miller-Matic.
    I am sure I saw a "contractor kit" that IS a TIG set-up.

    "Just bought a multimatic 200 love it so far on tig." From OP
    I won't claim to know much about tig or this machine but it can be set up to do DC tig but not AC tig. From what I've read aluminum is AC tig only. Likely preferably with HF as well. If I had the machine, the setup and the gas I'd probably try it just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But I can be contrary.---Meltedmetal

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedmetal View Post
    I won't claim to know much about tig or this machine but it can be set up to do DC tig but not AC tig. From what I've read aluminum is AC tig only. Likely preferably with HF as well. If I had the machine, the setup and the gas I'd probably try it just to see what it would or wouldn't do. But I can be contrary.---Meltedmetal
    That is why I put the question mark in there too...looks like he was claiming it could be done. I don't do it, and by it I mean TIG of any kind.
    MillerMatic 211 Auto-set w/MVP
    Just For Home Projects.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Doughboyracer View Post
    That is why I put the question mark in there too...looks like he was claiming it could be done. I don't do it, and by it I mean TIG of any kind.
    Thus far "Only his hairdresser knows for sure". Maybe he'll enlighten us.---Meltedmetal

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Non-static method PhpQuickProfiler::getMicroTime() should not be called statically in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/pqp/classes/Console.php on line 77

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in /mnt/stor3-wc1-dfw1/357822/357839/www.millerwelds.com/web/content/lib/footer.inc.php on line 82

Welding Projects

Special Offers: See the latest Miller deals and promotions.