Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Arc Armor gloves failed within 1 week

Has anyone used the Yellow and Black Arc Armor gloves and actually gotten any life out of them? This was my second pair and they failed the exact same way my first did. They now have a hole opening in the left thumb and pointer finger, exactly what happened to my first pair. My first pair at least made it about a month but I was doing heavy welding in them so I figured I just wore them out quickly. This pair has been used about 4 times for light MIG/Stick work and they are already failing. One guy I work with swears by these things but I'm pretty disappointed. I have to pull out my industrial stick gloves just to run a few small beads now.

I notice Miller doesn't list this style in their glove category. Was is a design problem and the gloves were discontinued? Has anyone else had this problem with them?

I have a pair. It is my second pair. First set had holes in less than 5 minutes. This pair has lasted me a while but that is misleading because I haven't used them in 6 months. Just sitting on a shelf. Comfy but not too durable. Also on continuous welding of 3/8 plate they warm up quickly. YMMV...
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Yeah they were supposed to just be light duty gloves for small welding jobs. I'm just surprised they failed so fast and exactly the same way as my first pair. I've gotten free gloves from a supply store that lasted months, these barely made it a week. It sucks because they were very comfortable but I don't feel like taping brand new gloves up.

Oh well, live and learn.

Mine were marked heavy mig/stick. Not true. I have to be careful with them but they are OK. Just glad I'm not the only one.
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

I bought two pairs of these gloves and will not be buying another. In fact if you tried to give me a new pair of these gloves for free, I wouldn't take them, unless I was up the creek without a paddle.

With the 1st pair the lining stitching came undone within a half a day. Second pair weren't much better. All have be sent to the trash bin at this point. Definitely, not worth the money.

A $7 pair of run of the mill stick gloves way out lasts these peices of junk. And I can get 3 pairs of the run of the mill gloves for the price of one of the gold and black gloves you are asking about.

For me, avoiding them, is a no brainer.

Tillman pig skin can't go wrong. They last about a month and cost $8 been using them for years
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

I wonder where they were made?

Arc armor gloves. Made in china!
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    Also on continuous welding of 3/8 plate they warm up quickly. YMMV...
    Sometimes you have to be smarter than what you are working with. I have a 14" piece of Oak 2x4 with my name on it. Everyone thinks its a desk sign with my name. Nope its to lay my hand on a hot area or a hot weld and the wood takes all of the heat. I weld tank ends almost everyday and just lay the wood on the hot area and weld away. Most guys just lay their hands on the hot weld and shrivel up their new gloves then ***** because they are junk. Just my thoughts...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Try using some of these heat shields. They work quite well.
    Nick

http://www.roarksupply.com/Welding-G...hieldabch2.htm