Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yes, white off and on the center terminal. As for running better, I suppose. Kinda wishy washy on that. 120 Vac/230 vac, its just a duty cycle thing.

Now, yes the machine will run if connected wrong, however, it'll heat in the wrong places and takeout the $$$ horizontal mother board.

So while its apart, best to take the plastic end of a screw driver and tap in the top 2 boards. I like to RTV (automotive silicone) the edges of those boards in (prevents them from comming out)

With a philips driver, hand tighten the 2 screws on top of that black cover. (Just hand tight (maybe 13 inch lbs) Tighten, and ltighten and red locktite the brass nuts behind the output studs
    Last edited by cruizer; 09-21-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Please stand by. Trying to get in touch with the original user that set it up this way, and see what they were thinking. It was for some scientific project where they were (trying??) welding some very thin pieces of tungsten. I just want to use it for gun parts.

Got in touch with previous owner, and he had no clue why it was done this way. I guess I'll hook it up like the drawing says and see what happens. He did say it worked well on the lowest setting for the job they were doing with it (welding some very thin wires).

I'm in the identical situation as the original poster - glad I found the thread. Quick question - was the Auto-Line feature on all Maxstar 200SDs? I hate making assumptions like that. I think mine is an older unit. SN LC507419

Default Yup.. You Have AUTOLINE

Quote Originally Posted by kjchristopher View Post
    I'm in the identical situation as the original poster - glad I found the thread. Quick question - was the Auto-Line feature on all Maxstar 200SDs? I hate making assumptions like that. I think mine is an older unit. SN LC507419
    Here is the manual that matches your serial LC507419

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2226n_mil.pdf

Yours was built between Jan and Jul of 2002

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Thank you H80N.

I switched the wires to match the diagram, but havent used it yet. Does anyone know if it will be detrimental to run this unit on a 220V 40 amp circuit? I believe the manual says 20 amp.