Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Related to welding filters for an old Canox S-200 weld fume extractor

Found one of these in great shape and cheap but no filters and I can't find any info at all.

It looks like it was made by a Swedish company (Vendago AB) but that is a dead end also.

Any ideas to retrofit or find original filters is appreciated.
    cheers ian

Smile

Some pics sure would take some of the mystery out of it.....

might even be helpful...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Default Pics for Canox S-200 fume extractor

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Some pics sure would take some of the mystery out of it.....

might even be helpful...
    The backside of the front cover shows evidence of some sort of a gasket that covered the inlet. There is a label referring to 3 different filters that require changing. The front cover has a large particle trap.

There are 4 rails one on each side so it appears the filter slipped over these and the front cover sealed it.

All the filters I've seen so far (Lincoln) won't physically fit. There all appear to be cellulose or polyethylene.

Has anyone made a weld fume extractor or have experience with a non-factory build version?

cheers ian
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ibs740 View Post
    The backside of the front cover shows evidence of some sort of a gasket that covered the inlet. There is a label referring to 3 different filters that require changing. The front cover has a large particle trap.

There are 4 rails one on each side so it appears the filter slipped over these and the front cover sealed it.

All the filters I've seen so far (Lincoln) won't physically fit. There all appear to be cellulose or polyethylene.

Has anyone made a weld fume extractor or have experience with a non-factory build version?

cheers ian
    Ian

The pics are good... I would also take some measurements...

the filters are most likely industry standard, off the shelf from somebody like "Airguard" ...... I would contact them and do some digging around their website..

http://airguard.com/index.htm

Here is an overview of their line..

http://airguard.com/downloads/airguardallproducts.pdf

and a quick overview of considerations and layout for weld fume extraction systems..

http://airguard.com/downloads/Arigua...-2520Story.pdf

Likely Airguard made the original filters for your CANOX S-200 to begin with.. and one of their reps will recognize the application...
    Also... Much of the CANOX line was really OEM MILLER stuff ... just in red instead of blue... so there may be a corresponding Miller item...
    Last edited by H80N; 09-21-2013 at 05:03 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Smile

There is a label referring to 3 different filters that require changing.
    Any chance of a pic of that label and/or the filter numbers??

they may cross to some industry standard...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default Filter label

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Any chance of a pic of that label and/or the filter numbers??

they may cross to some industry standard...
    I can't get a decent shot so here's what it says.

5 pcs F101:1 pce F102, 15 pcs F101: 1 pce F306

It shows a table for F101 filter changes based on the static/differential pressure switch being lit. Every 5 F101 changes also change F102. On the 15th F101 change change F102 + F306.

Thanks again
    ian

Were you able to contact Airguard to see if they had any info??..

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default Spoke w/ Airguard

Hi,

I spoke w/ airguard and they were a bit unclear about weld fume extractors. I think the majority of their sales are in HVAC or at least the guy I spoke with.

They have raw filter media but only up to MERV 6.

I'm going to call Miller, I've had good luck before sorting out an old Heliwelder (1968).

Thanks Ian

Default Canox S-200 Fume extractor filters

Hi,

I spoke w/ airguard and they were a bit unclear about weld fume extractors. I think the majority of their sales are in HVAC or at least the guy I spoke with.

They have raw filter media but only up to MERV 6.

I'm going to call Miller, I've had good luck before sorting out an old Heliwelder (1968).

Thanks Ian
    I just spoke with Miller help and they didn't make this unit so back to square one.

The polyester pillow batting and charcoal are starting to look attractive.