Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Refilling AIRCO cylinder

Since AIRCO is out of business how do I go about having a cylider marked AICO refilled? Been in my possesion since 1990's. Just now needing refilling and pressure check. 330 cu ft. Thanks

Call your local gas supplier and find out what they say.
    Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Quote Originally Posted by t20sl View Post
    Since AIRCO is out of business how do I go about having a cylider marked AICO refilled? Been in my possesion since 1990's. Just now needing refilling and pressure check. 330 cu ft. Thanks
    You should probably take it to the LWS where you exchange cylinders. They will examine it and determine whether it is refillable and whether it needs a new hydrotesting stamp.

Many years ago when I moved to California, I had a set of oxy-Acetylene tanks that were bought in Illinois. They were National Cylinder Gas (NCG). NCG had gone out of business. I went to three different LWS's and none would take them but a small independent company did. I had to pay a small fee for hydrostatic testing on each tank but they exchanged them for two of their own and all was fine thereafter. The small company was eventually bought out by AirGas.

There are some cylinders in the system that are dating from WWII so it has to do with condition rather than age.

Good luck!
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Cool

I see AIRCO Air Reduction Corp cylinders Airgas drops off at work. They may just keep it saying they own AIRCO cylinders now. Let us know how it works out...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48