Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    The Miller Syncrowave 200 showed up today, I ordered it on Monday evening and was delievered today, not to bad. Very happy with Ciberweld and the trucking company they used to deliever it. I will do business with them again....

Congratulations on the new syncro200 gearhead
    Get 'er wired in an lets see some nice tig beads and projects.

Happy tig'n

Millermatic 350P
    Dynasty 200Dx
    Hypertherm Powermax 1000
    Victor Journeyman O/A
    Offshore Mill and Lathe
    Tunes to weld with by Peavey

Thanks to everyone who took the time to leave some advice on this post. I followed it pretty close. steve

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    Now's a good time to tell you that we love honey!! What's your website? *drool*
    Hey, everyone should have a little honey ever day, will keep the doctor away<smile>........

My website hasn't had anything done to it since my hosting company changed there software a year ago and I havent taken the time to learn it.
    www.brittshoney.com
    What kind of honey do you like? Right now I only have Pennyroyal, wildflower, honey that I produced. I also have available sage, orange, buckwheat<very tasty crop>, manzanita, avacado, clover, alfalfa, eucalyptus, and star thistle. All these others are produced by small beekeepers in Ca.
    you can email me at britt@brittshoney.com

Default My 2 cents worth!?!

Just purchased a Millermatic 210 with spoolgun and tanks from my local authorized Miller dealer. Got a better price than cyberweld and after tax it is a wash. Did my dealer loose money on me, of course not, and the people who run the store actually weld and are very helpful. And past experience tells me that paying a few bucks less for such an expensive piece of equipment to get local support and help and be put in front of your machine you bought on the web if I ever need service. Before you tell me that is not the way it works, just think how your local dealer feels when you bring a machine in under warranty and he knows you did not even give him the chance to give you a good deal. (You know this is the way it works even if you will find no one to admit it.) Just my thoughts on the subject. I know this is a late post, but I just became a member to this forum and was reading this post and had to chime in! In my experience if you give the local guy a try and are not trying to buy one low priced thing, but a major purchase, they will give you a deal if they can. Or maby your local guy is a jerk, then by all means buy online and then find a different gas supplier!!!!

I went to three seperate dealers with in my area, none would come of the quoted price. In short I was fully disappointed in the dealers lack of interest in making me a customer. Cyberweld's prices were the best so I went with them and would purchase from them again.

Default Some dealers don's get it!

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    I went to three seperate dealers with in my area, none would come of the quoted price. In short I was fully disappointed in the dealers lack of interest in making me a customer. Cyberweld's prices were the best so I went with them and would purchase from them again.
    Sorry to hear that your dealer was unwilling to cooperate. Had a dealer like that in the last city I lived in. But that city was big enough to have more than one welding supply and I found one that was willing to work with me. It amazes me that dealers don't get it. They make money on consumables and gas and could afford to give you a great deal on the welder. My dealer is fairly high volume for the small area I live in lots of farmers and ranchers and several aluminum boat builders buy from this shop. My dealer has one more loyal customer, I plan to buy a plasma cutter in the next year or two and will give my dealer an opportunity to make me a great deal on that too!!

All in all it was a very disappointing dealing with the local sales people. Sales must be way up or their business is stricky large volumn commerical shops. Now I just go to the closest store to buy my consumables, no loyality to any one store...I'm glad your experience was a good one.

In my experience if you give the local guy a try and are not trying to buy one low priced thing, but a major purchase, they will give you a deal if they can. Or maby your local guy is a jerk, then by all means buy online and then find a different gas supplier!!!![/QUOTE]

Well said Ale Master. You should always try the local guy before making a major purchase. By doing so you find out if the local guy is worth patronizing and you also send the message you preferr to support hiom than someone in cyberspace you don't know from adam.
    Good luck with your new welder.
    2006 Dynasty 200DX
    2003 Lincoln 175 Plus
    1940's 400LB buzz box
    2004, 1979 Victor 100F, ox/ac

Quote Originally Posted by PAToyota View Post
    Yep, I've watched the DHL driver toss boxes from the street up onto my neighbor's porch - bounce off the wall and hit the floor and roll back to the railing...
    I would like to see this if he were to deliver a welder ANY size
    Greg

Ordered a plasma cutter from cyber weld. It works fine. Was truck shipped. I agree, I would rather buy from a local vendor but $300.00 is alot and no tax, free shipping. Sorta like buying lumber from Home depot instead of your local hardware store. Sometimes they just cannot compete
    Scott
    HMW [Heavy Metal welding]