Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    I read it. I disagreed. No biggie.
    Your right, I mustn't of made myself clear, and I thank you for bringing that to my attention. I don't think there is such thing as a bad question, but there is such a thing as a bad answer.
    Let me give you an example of how doing a good deed for a good customer pays off big time in the long run. And this is just one of many examples I could give you from my experience in the honey business.
    I got an inquiry from a lady in Virgina about an item listed on my website. After several emails trying to help her make a decision and learn about honey I simply asked her for her address so I could send her some samples. She said that would be nice so I sent her a couple of honey bears which cost me $6 to ship. Now I have already spent $6 not to mention the cost of the containers ans the production cost. She ended up buying five pounds of honey from me for ten bucks. I had already spent over six bucks for a ten dollar purchase, not good business practice many would say. Anyway, since that day I am always getting emails from friends and aquantenences of hers and their friends which often result in sales. I think since that date in 1997 I have sold at least $1,000 dollars worth of honey. Hey, because of her I now send honey to a lady in France, as well as Maine, Ohio, Virgina, and more.
    There is no better advertising than word of mouth from satisfied customers. All one has to do is treat them like they are someone special, and they are in my book, shoot, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the money to buy toys like a tig welder<smile>

Just blew a hole in a 1953 jeepster air cleaner.........grrrr........hate trying to weld that thin stuff. Was using a lincoln 175 plus and held it in one spot to long.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    Thinking about buying a Miller Syncrowave 200 from Cyberweld (On line welding supply store) has any member had any trouble with this store.

How do they ship the welders to you. I hope not UPS, they seem to be hard on everything.
    I buy most of my stuff from them. Excellent service and great prices. No sales tax and free shipping for me! Love it.

RUSS-D Guest

I have used them twice with absolutely no problems. I bought my Millermatic 175, and Spectrum 375 Cutmate from them at a GREAT price. I would use them again without hesitation.

I'm not following your example. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. "Supporting" your local welding store by asking them to lower their price to match an Internet price is the same as YOUR business doing your customer a favor and getting more customers as a result. I don't see the direct relationship between these two things. Maybe I'm so confused now I forgot the original intent of your post. If so, I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445
    Your right, I mustn't of made myself clear, and I thank you for bringing that to my attention. I don't think there is such thing as a bad question, but there is such a thing as a bad answer.
    Let me give you an example of how doing a good deed for a good customer pays off big time in the long run. And this is just one of many examples I could give you from my experience in the honey business.
    I got an inquiry from a lady in Virgina about an item listed on my website. After several emails trying to help her make a decision and learn about honey I simply asked her for her address so I could send her some samples. She said that would be nice so I sent her a couple of honey bears which cost me $6 to ship. Now I have already spent $6 not to mention the cost of the containers ans the production cost. She ended up buying five pounds of honey from me for ten bucks. I had already spent over six bucks for a ten dollar purchase, not good business practice many would say. Anyway, since that day I am always getting emails from friends and aquantenences of hers and their friends which often result in sales. I think since that date in 1997 I have sold at least $1,000 dollars worth of honey. Hey, because of her I now send honey to a lady in France, as well as Maine, Ohio, Virgina, and more.
    There is no better advertising than word of mouth from satisfied customers. All one has to do is treat them like they are someone special, and they are in my book, shoot, if it wasn't for them I wouldn't have the money to buy toys like a tig welder<smile>

Just blew a hole in a 1953 jeepster air cleaner.........grrrr........hate trying to weld that thin stuff. Was using a lincoln 175 plus and held it in one spot to long.

I'm not following your example. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. "Supporting" your local welding store by asking them to lower their price to match an Internet price is the same as YOUR business doing your customer a favor and getting more customers as a result. I don't see the direct relationship between these two things. Maybe I'm so confused now I forgot the original intent of your post. If so, I apologize.
    No apology necessary. I was just trying to explain how your dealer can profit from taking less profit or even no profit on doing a good long term customer a favor like giving him a break on a price to match the competitions price. I wasn't upset, not my style, lifes to short to let things bother you. I was just trying to make myself understood.

Time to get back on track and talk weldin<smile>. The three companies I buy from in town, Harris Industrial gases, Airgas, and Barnes welding all will on occasion match online priceing, in fact, Barnes often has lower sale prices and they sell on line as well.

Gonna go learn to tig!

I got an inquiry from a lady in Virgina about an item listed on my website. After several emails trying to help her make a decision and learn about honey I simply asked her for her address so I could send her some samples. She said that would be nice so I sent her a couple of honey bears which cost me $6 to ship. Now I have already spent $6 not to mention the cost of the containers ans the production cost. She ended up buying five pounds of honey from me for ten bucks. I had already spent over six bucks for a ten dollar purchase, not good business practice many would say. Anyway, since that day I am always getting emails from friends and aquantenences of hers and their friends which often result in sales. I think since that date in 1997 I have sold at least $1,000 dollars worth of honey. Hey, because of her I now send honey to a lady in France, as well as Maine, Ohio, Virgina, and more. ..
    And you're doing Internet sales instead of asking your customers to support their local honey suppliers?

No apology necessary. I was just trying to explain how your dealer can profit from taking less profit or even no profit on doing a good long term customer a favor like giving him a break on a price to match the competitions price.
    Okay, I think I understand your point better now. I thought you were trying to dissuade Internet shopping to favor buying from local dealers, as a favor TO THEM.

Instead, what that really is is we asking them to do US a favor.

At least, I see a difference there.

He's got my gas business and last-minute consumables business anyway.

And you're doing Internet sales instead of asking your customers to support their local honey suppliers?
    I have a website, but I get almost no internet business, most of my business is from referals from other customers. I often inform people that the best honey is honey that you get from a local beekeeper that follows clean beeking practices< clean meaning agriculture without manmade chemicals and follows the USDA organic standard>. Honey from your area if used dailey will help your body protect itself from natural allergins. Hey, no one likes allergys.
    However, many types of honey can only be produced in certain areas so if your into specialty honeys like, Heather, Tupelo, posion oak, etc. you must find a clean beekeeper that produces that particular honey. Most heather honey comes from Scotland, Tupelo from, I think, Georgia, posion oak from Florida. In ca we produce lots of sage, orange, star thistle honey. I bought my farm in Oregon because it was in an area that makes great Blackberry honey.

I bought my farm in Oregon because it was in an area that makes great Blackberry honey.
    Now's a good time to tell you that we love honey!! What's your website? *drool*

The Miller Syncrowave 200 showed up today, I ordered it on Monday evening and was delievered today, not to bad. Very happy with Ciberweld and the trucking company they used to deliever it. I will do business with them again....