Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

MAC702, that was priceless, you must like those bad girl types.

ME TOO

Well, just purchased a Miller Syncrowave 200 from the Cyberweld folks. The free shipping and the no sales tax was the hook....

Quote Originally Posted by fyoung
    In our area DHL is a lot worse about dropping stuff than anyone else..around here they really mess your things up.
    Yep, I've watched the DHL driver toss boxes from the street up onto my neighbor's porch - bounce off the wall and hit the floor and roll back to the railing...
    Syncrowave 250DX
    Millermatic 250X
    Hypertherm PowerMax 1100

Quote Originally Posted by PAToyota
    Yep, I've watched the DHL driver toss boxes from the street up onto my neighbor's porch - bounce off the wall and hit the floor and roll back to the railing...
    That would make a nice little MPEG if you kept your camera handy...

Default syncrowave 180 or 200 runner?

Cyberweld does have good prices on everything I looked at. I'm gonna buy a ac/dc tig machine and cant decide to buy the syncrowave 180 or 200. The 180 is dirt cheap right now. Would love the Dynasty 200dx but it is pricey and an inverter machine. I've read the inverter machines some times burn boards which are expensive to replace. Anyway, which one should I buy?
    I have never tiged before, and use my current lincoln 175 plus to slatter stuff, even been know to burn holes with it! I need practice I guess. For me this is just a new toy.

As for how to buy, do what I have always done, get the best online price like from Cyberweld, then ask your local dealer to match or beat it. This has always worked for me in the past. It does cost more cause I end up haveing to pay sales tax, but thats a small price to pay for local dealer support.

Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445
    ... ask your local dealer to match or beat it. This has always worked for me in the past. It does cost more cause I end up haveing to pay sales tax, but thats a small price to pay for local dealer support.
    I've never bought a machine from my current local dealer. I buy a ton of gas from him though and that's where he makes his real profits anyway. I'd rather not insult him by asking for cheaper prices on the machines when he already makes little profit there. He's just saying yes and taking even a bigger hit so you'll keep coming back for gas.

Sales tax around here for machine purchases is quite significant.

What exactly is your definition of "local dealer support" anyway? If they are a factory-authorized repair center, it doesn't matter where you bought your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    I've never bought a machine from my current local dealer. I buy a ton of gas from him though and that's where he makes his real profits anyway. I'd rather not insult him by asking for cheaper prices on the machines when he already makes little profit there. He's just saying yes and taking even a bigger hit so you'll keep coming back for gas.

Sales tax around here for machine purchases is quite significant.

What exactly is your definition of "local dealer support" anyway? If they are a factory-authorized repair center, it doesn't matter where you bought your machine.
    First of all, your local dealer will likely pay the same price as any other factory authorized dealer. At least thats what I find to hold true in my business<bee products>. If I buy ten thousand or a few of a particular item the price dosen't seem to change much. Besides, what diference does it make if your dealer makes zero profit on this one item sale? He still gets credit from the manufacturer for the sale, and he has done a good customer a favor. I know I often give my good customers special deals just to say thanks for being my customer. Your local dealer knows that unless you move, you will likely still buy gas from him if he is up front with you regarding your request. Your local dealer also is aware that the best advertising he can get is via word of mouth from satisfied customers.

Yes, sales tax is 7.75% here and they are thinking of raising it to 8.5% in order to give money to a local ball club. So, a $3,000 purchase is actually a $3,255 dollar purchase which makes companies like Cyuberweld, ebay, very attractive especially when then pay the shipping and no sales tak.

By local dealer I am referring to the guy you buy your gasses from. That is if he is a factory authorized distributer for the item you are thinking of purchasing. He can save you alot of stress and trouble if something should go wrong. I'm a firm believer in supporting local business. Brings to mind a little town in North Dakota that was the home of a friend untill he came out west. I was badgering him about buying on line and saving money instead of buying in town so he told me about his home town. He said that when folks started buying online many of the local businesses closed up. Then the locals began to complain cause when there dryer quit they couldn't call Joe and get a quick fix anymore. They either had to have a new one shipped or take the dryer 70 miles to the next town to a dealer for repair.
    Hey, you can also buy gas from Cyberweld.com as well? Support the local guy or one day he may not be there when you need him.

So how exactly are you "supporting your local dealer" when you ASK him to lower his price to the Internet's price? His overhead costs per machine are obviously greater.

Either buy from the local dealer or buy online and save some money, that's still a decision an adult can make, but I'll never understand asking someone to lower their price to match online and claim that it's so they can "support" him.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702
    So how exactly are you "supporting your local dealer" when you ASK him to lower his price to the Internet's price? His overhead costs per machine are obviously greater.

Either buy from the local dealer or buy online and save some money, that's still a decision an adult can make, but I'll never understand asking someone to lower their price to match online and claim that it's so they can "support" him.
    If you would have taken the time to read my previous long wihded email you would have found the answer to your question. See below:

<<<First of all, your local dealer will likely pay the same price as any other factory authorized dealer. At least thats what I find to hold true in my business<bee products>. If I buy ten thousand or a few of a particular item the price dosen't seem to change much. Besides, what diference does it make if your dealer makes zero profit on this one item sale? He still gets credit from the manufacturer for the sale, and he has done a good customer a favor. I know I often give my good customers special deals just to say thanks for being my customer. Your local dealer knows that unless you move, you will likely still buy gas from him if he is up front with you regarding your request. Your local dealer also is aware that the best advertising he can get is via word of mouth from satisfied customers.>>

I read it. I disagreed. No biggie.