Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default On line welding supply store

Thinking about buying a Miller Syncrowave 200 from Cyberweld (On line welding supply store) has any member had any trouble with this store.

How do they ship the welders to you. I hope not UPS, they seem to be hard on everything.

I'm not one to buy a welding machine on line due to the return if something is wrong with it. I will take internet pricing into my local weld supplier and ask to match or beat it and he will if possible. If it's within 1 or 200 bucks it's worth it to me. Agood customer relationship with a local supplier is a good thing to have when you need help.

I bought a plasma cutter and had the air selanoid go bad after 2 uses.I almost bought it on line and I'm glad I didn't.

Just my 2 cents

Mike
    MD Welding & Fabricating L.L.C.

I ordered a Miller 210 from them, no problems and much cheaper. Came by truck freight with no problems. I like this outfit.

eighthd Guest

I bought my hobart 110 welder from them and had no problems.

Good prices and fast service. They are happy to answer any questions.

No matter what company you go with and what shipping service they use, just remember to OPEN THE BOX and inspect the actual machine before signing for the shipment. The driver's JOB is to WAIT for you to do this.

I had a Hobart arrive in a nice box. My buddy signed for it, and I probably would have, too. Turns out it had been dropped and the door and face were broken off. I was able to repair easily enough and it wasn't worth bothering anyone about. Only after knowing what happened could I see the evidence on the box where it had been dropped. (Yes, it was UPS, but that's really the first time it had ever happened to me.)
    Last edited by MAC702; 07-29-2006 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gearhead
    Thinking about buying a Miller Syncrowave 200 from Cyberweld (On line welding supply store) has any member had any trouble with this store.

How do they ship the welders to you. I hope not UPS, they seem to be hard on everything.
    I buy most of my stuff from them. Excellent service and great prices. No sales tax and free shipping for me! Love it.

RUSS-D Guest

I have used them twice with absolutely no problems. I bought my Millermatic 175, and Spectrum 375 Cutmate from them at a GREAT price. I would use them again without hesitation.

I got my miller 210 Dual kit from them 2 weeks ago. they drop ship from millers closest warehouse to your location on new welders, I am in Washington and it came out of warshouse in Portland OR. The small stuff they UPS to you and pack it well.. It is just some of the factory small stuff that gets dropshipped to you the factory that could be packed and wrap better.

Makes you wonder why UPS charges an additional $2 per box to a residential address, when those are the boxes that they are the most cavelier with. They give much more professional service to the commercial deliveries, and those are the guys that are far more likely to make them wait while the shipment is inspected (read: "take more time.")