Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default Software update for Multimatic 200

Does anyone have a link or information describing what the software update does?

Google no help on this one (so far).

Thanks
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Hypertherm PowerMax 1000G3
    Miller Multimatic 200 - awesome portable MIG (and stick and TIG)
    Miller Maxstar 200DX - portable TIG and stick

You can view the software, which only the factory or in a limited sense I can decipher, but there is no updates. Where did you get that info from....

Default Software update for Multimatic 200

I saw a website reviewing multimatic, and he was talking about software update. Something about inserting chip into welder and reloading software, that supposedly improved welding characteristics. But he didn't provide too much details.

Default This is what I know

I remember being told about the upgrade. Not sure if it was an e-mail or not because I can no longer find that particular e-mail.

I did run across this though:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Miller-Multi...-/360707743379

The seller calls it version 1.5

From memory, I vaguely remember it changed some of the stick welder settings. There were some complaints about 6010 being a little hard to keep going on the autoset. Again, really vague memories.

Not sure if its worth the $30.

When I got the message last year, I talked to the LWS and they didn't know anything about it. Then again, they don't stock the 200 and they don't even carry the small Q-gun parts (special order everything). They told me to call back when so-and-so was back from lunch. It wasn't that important to me at the time.
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

Call miller and ask them if you really need it.
    I have one problem with this part. I tried to look up the price and miller said no such part. looked in obsolete parts and same thing. Looked for an FMI sheet. No instruction sheet published for the multimatic 200. I now wounder where that packet came from.???????
    Glenn 300 amp stick
    Millermatic 35
    L-tec plasma

Quote Originally Posted by ccawgc View Post
    Call miller and ask them if you really need it.
    I have one problem with this part. I tried to look up the price and miller said no such part. looked in obsolete parts and same thing. Looked for an FMI sheet. No instruction sheet published for the multimatic 200. I now wounder where that packet came from.???????
    I of course google that part number and came up blank. (well, on welders...)
    Con Fuse!
    Miller Dynasty 350
    Millermatic 350P
    -Spoolmatic 30A

I can see changing a programming chip, however, there is no memory card ports in the wiring diagrams, nor is anything mentioned in the service or field kit instructions