Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default How to flash a Miller AEAD-200LE

I recently purchased this machine, it wasn't running. I replaced the coil (double) wires points & wires. Had to clean out the gas tank & carb. Got it running good, but no output. I can't figure out which set of windings to flash with 12 volts. There are 3 slip rings on this unit. 3 possible windings. Don't know which one to flash and how to apply the polarity. This unit has the circuit diagram no. B-047 318.
    I need some help.
    Cliff

OK, had a looksee, this unit DOES NOT physically flash, it has an exciter winding in the stator, and (electric start model) has a small inline diode (D4)to do this job, Otherwise both the electric start and the pull start have a control bridge SR2 for this purpose. Don't bother trying to flash it yourself.

Question Okay

I did have to replace the D4 diode which was physically broken in half. I did this a while ago, But it still doesn't put out anything.
    So How do I get it to start generating & welding?