I am looking for info on premptively reducing electronic interference when using hi frequency welding. I have aquired an old Miller 330A/BP welder. I have tried it out, but have not done any real welding with it yet. Most of my anticipated welding will be in the lower ranges, DC straight polarity. I have the machine well grounded, and my work table also grounded to an outside ground rod. Out of necessity of space and garage layout, the welder is 8 feet from my main panel, and the small work table is even closer to the main panel. The torch cables that came with the welder are 25 feet long. 10 feet would be long enough for my use. I have been told if I snake them on the floor without coiling, it will help. Would getting the shorter torch cables make much of a difference? Where is most of the potential interference emitted, the welder machine itself, the torch cables, or the arc? Are there any other tips on dealing with this issue? I'm out in the country, so the neighbors are not that close, but I have heard that under some circumstances the electronic interference can carry quite a bit. I don't want to have the neighbors complaining.

I don't know if I even have a problem with any interference, as things currently are. I haven't talked with the neighbors yet, asking them to tell me about it, but initially I would like to try the cheapest preventative measures first, before I spend any real money on a yet unknown or nonexisting problem.