Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default XMT 300 CC CV Diagnosis Unusual Sounds Loud Click and Buzzing

Newly acquired welder that welds as expected both with stick and wire feeder.

When powering up there is a one time loud click. also, when the output contactor is moved into the ON position there a constant buzzing noise.

When purchased the input was wired for 3 phase. I converted it to single phase and bypassed the red wire.

Serial Number KD395855

Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjHQD...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by jimybud; 09-10-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Buzzing is completely normal, the loud click is the unit determining the supplyed power, and if it actually works you have no worries....

Default XMT 300 CC CV to Spoolmatic 3 Cable Connector

could someone provide a part number or a link to where I could purchase an Cable connector? I have attached a photograph of the two units I want to quick connect.IMG_20130925_094842.jpg

sorry I could not figure out how to bring the photograph inline so it will have to be clicked with the mouse to view it. the link is below.

IMG_20130925_094842.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jimybud View Post
    sorry I could not figure out how to bring the photograph inline so it will have to be clicked with the mouse to view it. the link is below.

IMG_20130925_094842.jpg
    Try this

http://miller4less.com/product_info....ducts_id=36406

Manual page #28 item #17

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o2205l_mil.pdf

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Looks to me that he has the female Dinse, but needs the male plug to go into it. But I've been wrong way more times than I can count.

Quote Originally Posted by pin2hot View Post
    Looks to me that he has the female Dinse, but needs the male plug to go into it. But I've been wrong way more times than I can count.
    OK then... was not sure about that...

http://weldingdirect.com/connectors.html

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..