Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Question miller digital elite vs titanium 9400

Hi guys,
    I'm wondering if anyone knows any difference between the two other than the silver color. The specs show to be the same. Am I missing something?

The 9400 lenses has info track, and an external switch for grind mode.

Default miller digital elite vs titanium 9400

I have one of the first model run 9400's and the helmet it replaced was a digital elite. Reason I upgraded to the 9400 was that it has the metal plate around the lens and sensors to help handle higher amp applications. Which I need because I do alot of heavy CAC and welding on thick material. I personally also find it easier/quicker to change out the front cover and inside cover lenses. These two reasons, for that particular model run, is why I chose the 9400 over the digital elite. Don't get the fancy paint job options though....but that's what hard hat stickers are for!

My 9400i has an alarm clock total arc time 4 sensors and the shade flips up for a clear grind glass and some other bells and whistles

Default miller digital elite vs titanium 9400

My Titanium 9400 just developed a problem, it will not darken when I strike an arc. Put new batteries in, cleaned the sensors, new cover lens and still won't switch. Even when I have the sensitivity turn to the highest level and look at a flood light or press the reset button, it stays on light shade. This helmet isn't even 2yrs old yet and had a digital elite for over 6yrs that never gave me any problems

Do you have the headgear replacement for heat stress