Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Spoolmatic 30A cable & Hose change ?

I'm finding the length of the 30a is much more than I need. Is it difficult to change to a 15' length? Expensive? I don't want to have to buy another gun, just interchange all the cables.
    Last edited by Gobysky; 09-09-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln

Guess it depends on how badly you want it shorter.
    http://miller4less.com/advanced_sear...14&search.y=13

and then just wait for that job that is 6" further than the machine can reach

Thumbs up

Why not coil up the extra 15ft and tie it off with velcro straps??

that would neatly get it out of the way, yet leave it available for the times that you need the extra reach..??

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

H80N, that will probably be what I'll end up doing. Maybe even putting the excess on a garden hose spool, and mounting it to the wall.
    Syncrowave 200
    Millermatic 252
    Spoolmatic 30A aluminum gun
    Miller Spectrum 625 X-Treme
    Maxstar 150 S
    Miller Bobcat 250
    Sketchup 8 Pro

Two big fire extinguishers

"I'm a slow walker, but I never walk backwards" - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Gobysky View Post
    H80N, that will probably be what I'll end up doing. Maybe even putting the excess on a garden hose spool, and mounting it to the wall.
    I have been using the metal garden hose hangers for my leads, TIG torches etc... for a long time... have not found them in the store for a while... but they do turn up regularly in yard sales...

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Miller sells a cable/gun holder rack for the Millermatic 252
    check it out, they are nice