Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That 3 grand hydraulic tank looked to be plumbed with garden hose.

You know there is going to be some crazy things when the Master Welder's wife has red and purple hair.

If it wasn't staged I bet OSHA would be there by now.

I'll slap myself after I see the answer but what the heck is " frozen OCC"

The boys from American Chopper..Orange County Choppers.
    Miller Syncrowave 180
    Miller 211 w/ spool-gun
    Lincoln AC/DC buzzbox
    Cutmaster 38 plasma
    Oxy/Acet torch
    DeWalt Multi-Cutter
    Fiber Metal Helmets(old school)
    Enough Snap-On to be a dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisa7164 View Post
    The boys from American Chopper..Orange County Choppers.
    Ahhhh, LOL ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    From what I could see, if that was a $3000 tank then I am grossly under charging for my work!

I seen the one where the new kid was hired after his 90days probation and then when they had a welcome dinner he put something in/on the fries that (I doubt) gave everyone the craps. If that was even remotely close to being true he would have been fired one the spot or at the very least been paid a visit from Lebenon Levi that I'm sure would have straightened him out. I guess that's what we got for our down time TV entertainment.

Dave

Default Entertaining

I enjoyed watching it, might learn a few tricks, like using the wooden wedges to keep the water out. I'm always curious about those types of TV shows and OSHA. It's pretty easy to spot lots of violations!
    The announcer missed the boat when the crew was attempting to repair the steering shaft bearing. He said the new bearing didn't fit because after years of use and wear the shaft was now smaller, the bearing was too tight. Heck, it should have been quite oversized. Looks like the welding crew grabbed the wrong sized bearing!
    Last edited by nocheepgas; 09-12-2013 at 05:45 PM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Homemade Water Cooler
    130XP MIG
    Spectrum 375
    60 year old Logan Lathe
    Select Machine and Tool Mill
    More stuff than I can keep track of..

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post

And, seemed no hydraulic fluid leaked out when he cut the "lines."

Quote Originally Posted by ihctractor View Post
    From what I could see, if that was a $3000 tank then I am grossly under charging for my work!

Yep, that looked like a normal store bought tank to me too.

Stupid scripted show...

Dave J.