Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Truck looks great, Now your at a new level, As far as being able to load things onto your trailer to bring back to the shop, Erecting steel, Using the boom to hold your suitcase feeder where you need it etc.

Any way, Congradulations on your build.

Default since your plumbed...

Now its time for a hydraulic air compressor! Also no worries on the oil overheating, a service truck crane is not non stop operation, , and is an open center hydraulic system, so it simply returns to tank when the crane is in idle postion...ie pto engaged pump turning. Also i would recommend running the truck at 1200 rpms or so, if you run a 7.3 or 6.0 injectors live much longer when they are being cooled properly.
    Kevin
    XMT 304
    Miller Spectrum 625
    Miller 30a spool gun
    S22a
    Miller Legend 302
    Lincoln LN25
    Ford f450 Maintainer Srv Truck

[QUOTE=Tryagn5;313813]Now its time for a hydraulic air compressor! Also no worries on the oil overheating, a service truck crane is not non stop operation, , and is an open center hydraulic system, so it simply returns to tank when the crane is in idle postion...ie pto engaged pump turning. Also i would recommend running the truck at 1200 rpms or so, if you run a 7.3 or 6.0 injectors live much longer when they are being cooled properly.Ihave the aux idle controller to ramp up idle wasn,t sure where to run it at.Thanks for advice.Was going to put in the blue regulator pressure spring update also.I have a engine driven ir compressor with kholer 11.5hp gas engine 30 gal tank.It,s behind my O/A tanks.
    /QUOTE]
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA

I personally like the gas powered ingersorand compressor so that I dont have to have my truck running for hours at a time, My compressor will run for a good 4-5 hrs on 1 gallon, I dont think my truck will do that, not to mention the extra wear on the expensive diesel engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I personally like the gas powered ingersorand compressor so that I dont have to have my truck running for hours at a time, My compressor will run for a good 4-5 hrs on 1 gallon, I dont think my truck will do that, not to mention the extra wear on the expensive diesel engine.
    agree 100%.
    BB402D
    TB300D
    DIMENSION652
    MM250X
    MAXSTAR140
    S-32 FEEDER W/1260 IRONMATE FC/GUN
    HT/PWR-MAX1250 PLASMA