Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have a Rollin vertical band saw. I love it!! very simple and also very versatile, if you are thinking of buying a band saw I would look at these for sure. I will see if I can get some pics of it

I have a 1987 Enco 7X12 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw. It was built in Taiwan. It originally had a large coolant tank in the bottom of the chassis but it made a mess so I modified the saw. I changed it to a dry sump and used the original pump to raise the coolant up to the blade from a two gallon tank. I added a catch tray and raised the unit up on risers for easy cleaning. The coolant drains back down to the tank through a filter. I use Mobil soluble oil and the blades last a long time.

I welded the tank myself using 1/8" steel plate. The unit works quite well and will do a very straight, even cut.

The unit.

The coolant tank.

Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252
    Lincoln AC/DC "Tombstone"

Quote Originally Posted by surfside View Post
    Nice Ellis saw. Erich, great idea , like that set up .
    Thanks surfside. I have an Ellis belt grinder too, same quality, it never stalls and it's very easy to change belts. I wish I could afford an Ellis Drill press, they are built like tanks too.

Quote Originally Posted by aametalmaster View Post
    HF 4x6 cutting 4" soild round bar. I liked the saws with the formed arms not the cast ones...Bob
    That's impressive Bob. If your saw can cut that size of a round accurately it's good enough for most cutting jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cabininthewoods View Post
    I have a Rollin vertical band saw. I love it!! very simple and also very versatile, if you are thinking of buying a band saw I would look at these for sure. I will see if I can get some pics of it
    Pics would be nice cabininthewoods.

Quote Originally Posted by Synchroman View Post
    I have a 1987 Enco 7X12 Horizontal/Vertical Bandsaw. It was built in Taiwan. It originally had a large coolant tank in the bottom of the chassis but it made a mess so I modified the saw. I changed it to a dry sump and used the original pump to raise the coolant up to the blade from a two gallon tank. I added a catch tray and raised the unit up on risers for easy cleaning. The coolant drains back down to the tank through a filter. I use Mobil soluble oil and the blades last a long time.

I welded the tank myself using 1/8" steel plate. The unit works quite well and will do a very straight, even cut.

The unit.

The coolant tank.

Nice saw and improvements Synchroman. Taiwan machinery isn't bad, I have Rong Fu Mill I like very much.

Can you show pics of your portable hydraulic unit? It looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    Nice saw and improvements Synchroman. Taiwan machinery isn't bad, I have Rong Fu Mill I like very much.

Can you show pics of your portable hydraulic unit? It looks good.
    If you are referring to the unit next to the saw on the left, that's a vintage Bernard TIG cooler. I have two coolers. One is the Bernard (2.5 gallon), and the other is a homemade cooler that holds 10 gallons. Both have Procon pumps and special motors to drive the pumps. I alternate then now and then just for fun.

Here they are side by side a few years ago after I rebuilt the Bernard. I also welded up the carts that they are sitting on using old bed frames. If only those bed frames could talk. LOL.

Rong Fu is a good name in equipment. I had a R.F. Mill Drill for more than ten years before I got a large Webb (Bridgeport clone).

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps4a91f322.jpg
    Last edited by Synchroman; 09-11-2013 at 09:19 AM.
    Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252

You do nice work synchroman. I was thinking how uncluttered your hydraulic unit looked. That's a nice Web mill you have too.

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    You do nice work synchroman. I was thinking how uncluttered your hydraulic unit looked. That's a nice Web mill you have too.
    Well thank you very much for the nice compliment! I'm a hobby welder and machinist so I probably have more time for "G" jobs than most. I sure enjoy this work, however. I've always admired professional welders, too.

Miller Syncrowave 200
    Milermatic 252

Anybody else using an old-fashioned power hacksaw? SLOW, but always nice straight cuts.