Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default New to forum and have a ?

My first post and I have a question about my mig. My XR wire feeder with a Python Aluma-pro gun will work normally until I release the trigger. The gas will keep flowing until I hit the jog/purge switch. Is it the gun or the feeder?
    Thanks, Randy

some have a bult in post flow setting,a serial # would be handy

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    My first post and I have a question about my mig. My XR wire feeder with a Python Aluma-pro gun will work normally until I release the trigger. The gas will keep flowing until I hit the jog/purge switch. Is it the gun or the feeder?
    Thanks, Randy
    Serial # lg141314w

OK, remove the right side cover, inside you'll see a control board and a red 2 pin dip switch, The first one is for a 0.5 second preflow, the second one is for a 3.5 second post flow. If you don't want any post flow merely turn that switch down to off. There is no time adjustment, either you want it or you don't.

My bad, machine has been working properly for a couple of years now, just recently started this problem. No switches have been moved. Was told it might be trigger switch,bought one from local distributor and was wrong one. I have all the manuals but they have been no help so far. Thanks Randy