Hey guy's, i just wanted to share what i ran into yesterday at work. I have been tasked to bring an older Fink 11' variable mole board snow plow back into service. This plow has two 3" X 24" cylinders one on each side to turn the plow. One of the cylinder pins were frozen into a blind boss. It has a flange welded on top of the pin and is held in place with a 3/8" bolt. I sprayed everything with hilti lube and removed the bolt. I then used a 3lb hand sledge and hit the head of the pin several times. I placed a 4' pipe wrench on the flange top and tried to twist the pin and nothing moved. The cylinder would slide up and down on the pin so it was frozen in the boss on the bottom. i used a digging bar and waked the flange 10 or so times trying to turn it some and nothing moved. I then resorted to oxy/acc torch to place some heat on the boss area but i lacked a rose bud tip. I was able to heat the boss on each side and then tried to turn the pin again with the pipe wrench and a 4' extension nothing moved. Sure would be easier if the pin was all the way thru to the bottom for better access. I then decided that if i could use my 3/4" drive air impact to get the pin to turn a little it might just work. I was hesitant because the pipe wrench wouldn't move it. I cleaned the top of the pin and flange welded a 1 3/8" nut to the top of the flange. I placed most of the weld int the nut on top of the flange and a single pass around tthe outside of the nut. MM 211 with regular mild steel wire voltage all the way up and wire speed at 90 i think. I let it cool for 3 0r 4 minutes and 5 seconds of torque with the 3/4" impact and it was free. Man i was happy because my boss was going to hire a machine co. to get it out. Wish i had picts to show. From now on i will weld a nut on when i can and save a lot of time and frustration.....Just thought i would share....... Maybe more ideas out there on removal also.......