Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default my new welder lincoln 305G efi

I was just looking to buy a welder and decided on a Lincoln 305G efi, why I was looking for info on the internet and read a whole lot and came to the choice of my new Lincoln.
    People basically said ford and Chevy, a personnel choice. But I came across hearing about the mother boards giving trouble. So I said to myself a welder bouncing around on a truck the electrics have to be not liking it. I had a ranger 8 on the back of a ford super duty with the 7.3 and from new to over 500,000 miles and in a 10 year time span, that ranger 8 is still striking a arc. So that is why I bought my new Lincoln 305G efi.

Default still propane mike here, i was leaning toward the miller

Trailblazer 325 because I have a blue truck. I guess I'll get looked at funny because I have a blue truck with a red welder.
    So I guess its time to get a red truck, for looks

Default my new welder lincoln 305G efi

Congrats in your new purchase. I'm in the market for a new genny/welder as well. As for my needs I'm leaning towards the ranger 250gxt or Bobcat 250. Would like the trailblazer302 airpak if I win the lottery too.
    The reason for those choices is that they have AC output. I wanna be able to run AC tig off of it one day and those are the most economical. That stainless cover on the Range250 looks sweet too. Still a few months from actually getting one so I'll have the opportunity to play tennis with myself on which one I actually get.
    Keep the posts coming on how you like it. Enjoy! You remember what Ricky Bobby said, well if you don't like Big Red then f@&$ you!!!lol