Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by tackit View Post
    Primer bulb.
    Sent you a PM

The last time I worked on a small engine that would run with gas in the bowl then shut off, it was clogged the same way.

I took it apart three times before I finally got a small sewing needled and managed to clear out some very tiny passages. It had been soaked and blown out before but that stuff was like concrete in there.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock40 View Post
    The last time I worked on a small engine that would run with gas in the bowl then shut off, it was clogged the same way.

I took it apart three times before I finally got a small sewing needled and managed to clear out some very tiny passages. It had been soaked and blown out before but that stuff was like concrete in there.

Good luck
    This is the first time I haven't been able to clean one out. Tomorrow will tell if soaking in carb cleaner has helped or ruined it.. Thanks

Cleaner will destroy all gaskets. Rubber, cork, anything but metal. Ultrasonic works great. But let it soak in the cleaner for a couple hours then rinse it with water. Then blow it off with air. Should do the trick.
    Syncrowave 250
    Millermatic 210
    dialarc 250
    spectrum 375x
    trailblazer 302
    Lincoln 135

I soaked a kehein carb in yamalube oring safe carb dip. It helped but replacing the jets really did the trick. Tried cleaning them with speaker wire but that didn't really make it better. Good luck. What carb cleaner did you use?
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    I soaked a kehein carb in yamalube oring safe carb dip. It helped but replacing the jets really did the trick. Tried cleaning them with speaker wire but that didn't really make it better. Good luck. What carb cleaner did you use?
    I used Gumout elvis, but it's still plugged. Goat Driver sent me a parts breakdown of the primer bulb assembly, I think the primer passage way has something to do with it because when I push the bulb I smell no gas. Going to take it off and look at Monday.