Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Dynasty 300DX DINSE setup - Need help

How are the DINSE connectors supposed to work?
    I'm not able to get any gas through the "gas out" on the DINSE connector (Lenco LDTI-1820 WC).

Maybe I dont have the right connector or my lines aren't connected properly?

The gas-out port on the front of the 300DX is the only place I can get gas to the torch - nothing flows through the Lenco connector.

Is something possibly setup wrong? The manual doesn't really touch on the dinse connector setup. I thought the only thing I'd have to really touch was the coolant supply line when swapping torches.

..i did envision keeping a dinse connector on each of the torches I swap to/from so make things a little painless.

Looking at the connector port on the front of the machine - I didn't even see provisions drilled for gas. So perhaps the dinse connector I need shouldn't have a gas-out line on it?

There is NO gas through on the Dinse of a Dyn300..

gas comes out of a dedicated fitting on the front panel..

See Figure: 4-9. TIG HF Impulse/ Lift-Arc Connections on Page 15 of the Manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o358ag_mil.pdf
    Last edited by H80N; 09-02-2013 at 12:49 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Are you running an air cooled or water cooled torch??

torch adaptors are different between them..

the fittings for the Dynasty 350 should be the same as the Dyn 300

here is the Weldcraft power adapter chart..

http://www.weldcraft.com/parts-acces...pters-and-qcs/

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    There is NO gas through on the Dinse of a Dyn300..

gas comes out of a dedicated fitting on the front panel..

See Figure: 4-9. TIG HF Impulse/ Lift-Arc Connections on Page 15 of the Manual

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o358ag_mil.pdf

Thats exactly where I landed when I saw there wasn't an additional hole in the lead output port/socket/dinse connection.

Love the 300DX but the 350DX is looking a little more attractive.

...too bad the WP-225 torch sucks - it was supposed to be the savior! :-)

You could always put a Inert Gas Hose-to-Machine Quick-Disconnect on the Argon line...

that might give you that fast torch interchangability..

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?ma...oducts_id=3315

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200