Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default suitcase with miller 350p?

I have the 350p are there any options other than the standard 15 ft gun I would not like to have to use the crane when I weld up high

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by millerelite View Post
    I have the 350p are there any options other than the standard 15 ft gun I would not like to have to use the crane when I weld up high
    This is a GREAT question..

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Kevin View Post
    An external feeder such as an S-22A can be used with the Millermatic 350P but you will not be able to pulse with it. You would need an MPSA adapter to make it work (pn 195019).

Kevin
    Alternately... There is the 25ft Alumapro push-pull... or..
    You could always use a 30A with extension cables... do not know what the practical limit of extension is..

I had an opportunity to repair ATC, Threat, Tracking & Target Aquisition radar antennas while atop a VERY tall bucket truck out on remote sites... a few years ago….

And asked the same question..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...uitcase+mm350p

here is that thread..

hope this helps…
    Last edited by H80N; 09-01-2013 at 08:29 AM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus Mills, Lathes & a Rat Tail File..

Thx guys had the same thought just never got around to asking.

One option that was not available back when I was looking is the "Millermatic Reach"

http://www.millerwelds.com/pdf/spec_sheets/M6-8.pdf

That may be a viable avenue... although I do not know much about it other than the blurb and Spec sheet

Millermatic Reach wire feeder extends the work area of the Millermatic 212 with Auto-Set 251, 252 and 350P MIG welders by 40ft.

The feeder connects to the welder via its 10-pin Amphenol connector, holds wire spools up to 12in in diameter and retains the welding output of the Millermatic welder.

Miller Electric designed the Millermatic Reach to extend work distances between the welder and welding location, such as in sign, boat, trailer and maintenance applications.

Miller also designed the feeder for greater flexibility in wire selection; users can now switch instantly between wire types or sizes without having to change spools, drive rolls or tension settings.

Miller's Auto-Gun Detect feature also allows users to pick up either gun - the welder's regular gun or the gun connected to the Millermatic Reach - and weld without having to change settings.

The welder immediately recalls both the voltage and wire-feed speed of the active gun

I was not able to find it in the current product list... so do not know if they even still make it...
    but here is the manual anyway..

http://www.millerwelds.com/om/o244671e_mil.pdf

Discussion thread on the REACH..

http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...eder-questions
    Last edited by H80N; 09-01-2013 at 11:20 AM.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Thumbs up

From what I can tell... the "Reach" appears to be out of production... if true??

wonder why... must be some used ones out there..

Last edited by H80N; 09-03-2013 at 07:29 AM.

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Think I may keep my eyes open for a used "Reach" sometime next spring if finances permit...

sounds like a good complement to my MM350P... since I sold the TB301G & S-22P12

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 200

Default Miller Reach

The reach is not in the current cat. I thought about one as well for my 350P
    B.J.

Let me know if find any more information I'm also interested in something for my 350-p

Default Reach Discontinued

All,

The reason that the Millermatic® Reach is not in this year's Miller Full Line catalog or found on MillerWelds.com, is that it was discontinued last year (2012) due to low sales volume. The unit was first introduced in 2009 as a complimentary product for the large frame Millermatics® to extend the “reach” of those machines, allow for their use in "hard to reach" locations and to create a cost effective dual feeder option (e.g. have one size/type wire on the Reach and one in the Millermatic® 212, 252 or 350P it is being used on). I will say that we still continue to get a strong positive response from those that did purchase the unit, but unfortunately it never really caught on with the masses.

The last remaining new units were sold late last year. Like some of you have already mentioned, you may be able to find a used one floating out there somewhere.
    John Swartz
    Miller Electric Mfg., Co.

John.Swartz@MillerWelds.com