Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 Plasma Cutter

I know this question was asked a few years ago, however I could not find a response anywhere. I have an old Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 plasma cutter with SAF CP25R cutting torch. I cannot find the consumables anymore, Miller doesnt have them, is there anyone out there that has any of these, or any information on changing out the torch to a newer style?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by JP1305 View Post
    I know this question was asked a few years ago, however I could not find a response anywhere. I have an old Miller Auto Arc APC 3025 plasma cutter with SAF CP25R cutting torch. I cannot find the consumables anymore, Miller doesnt have them, is there anyone out there that has any of these, or any information on changing out the torch to a newer style?

Thank you
    Those consumables were nowhere to be found in all of my U.S. searches...

did find a few retailers in the UK that carried them..

your best bet if you wanted to keep that particular torch...
    might be a wholesaler in Singapore..

http://www.maniweld.com/

could send them an email inquiry..

they do show that torch model

http://www.maniweld.com/plasma.htm

they seem to carry parts for all manner of old and obsolete plasma torches.. and ship worldwide..
    Last edited by H80N; 08-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.

The more you know, The better you know, How little you know......

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Buy the best tools you can afford.. Learn to use them to the best of your ability.. and take care of them...

My Blue Stuff:
    Dynasty 350DX Tigrunner
    Dynasty 200DX
    Millermatic 350P w/25ft Alumapro & 30A
    Millermatic 200

TONS of Non-Blue Equip, plus CNC Mill, Lathes & a Plasmacam..

Quote Originally Posted by H80N View Post
    Those consumables were nowhere to be found in all of my U.S. searches...

did find a few retailers in the UK that carried them..

your best bet if you wanted to keep that particular torch...
    might be a wholesaler in Singapore..

Thank you for looking, I sent the overseas companies emails, with no reply, I will keep trying them, was hoping in the meantime someone might have another idea.

I stick the thermadyne torches on everything, maybe go that route. Pretty simple

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    I stick the thermadyne torches on everything, maybe go that route. Pretty simple
    Is it possible to add that style of torch to a plasma cutter that is an auto arc? My torch has no button or wires, is there a torch out there that would work, maybe a model number?

OH, yeah you have that push down to start unit, there is no conversion for it. Didn't last long and wasn't all that popular (Saftey reasons), thus no aftermarket or market consumables. The mainstream torches use HF or air movement to start the pilot arc after a switch is hit. Could probably do it with a digital timer, another air solinoid and torch, but honestly for the 12-23 cutting amps. the price to convert will far exceed what you could pick another newer cutter up for.

Quote Originally Posted by cruizer View Post
    OH, yeah you have that push down to start unit, there is no conversion for it. Didn't last long and wasn't all that popular (Saftey reasons), thus no aftermarket or market consumables. The mainstream torches use HF or air movement to start the pilot arc after a switch is hit. Could probably do it with a digital timer, another air solinoid and torch, but honestly for the 12-23 cutting amps. the price to convert will far exceed what you could pick another newer cutter up for.
    **** I was afraid of that, thank you for the info, guess its my grinder with a cutting wheel for me then. I appreciate the help. Thanks