Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Welding repair on an Aluminum boat

Sometimes I think we have lost much in some of the trades due to books, they are great and a good way to learn but our forefathers learned a trade by working years as a apprentice then journeyman and in due time became a master of his trade or craft then had the great privilege to teach others.
    I respect men who work with there minds but one of the greatest Blessing I have in this life is to work with my hands and totally enjoy it. There is just something about being dead tired at the end of a good hard days work that makes a man sleep well.
    I also was lucky to get C's in high school and never went to Collage, but at age 12 my dad got so mad at me cause I would try and weld all the metal I could find togeather when he wasn't around and I'd hide them under the work bench. By age 16 I could weld much better than he could (he wasn't a good welder). At age 18 I did all the welding that came into our garage. I've worked with my hands all my life and never went hungry also had a good roof over my head and sleep well at night.
    The Bible instructs us to ("live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands").
    Your a good man Goat Driver and your son is Blessed to have you as his father, and I'd guess your also Blessed to have him as your son. The Lord has a way of working these things out, and sometimes the simple things in life are the most precious. Your son will do fine in life, I would guess better than most, To God be the Glory!! He is so precious to me & my family.
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by gnforge View Post
    Sometimes I think we have lost much in some of the trades due to books, they are great and a good way to learn but our forefathers learned a trade by working years as a apprentice then journeyman and in due time became a master of his trade or craft then had the great privilege to teach others.
    I respect men who work with there minds but one of the greatest Blessing I have in this life is to work with my hands and totally enjoy it. There is just something about being dead tired at the end of a good hard days work that makes a man sleep well.
    I also was lucky to get C's in high school and never went to Collage, but at age 12 my dad got so mad at me cause I would try and weld all the metal I could find togeather when he wasn't around and I'd hide them under the work bench. By age 16 I could weld much better than he could (he wasn't a good welder). At age 18 I did all the welding that came into our garage. I've worked with my hands all my life and never went hungry also had a good roof over my head and sleep well at night.
    The Bible instructs us to ("live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands").
    Your a good man Goat Driver and your son is Blessed to have you as his father, and I'd guess your also Blessed to have him as your son. The Lord has a way of working these things out, and sometimes the simple things in life are the most precious. Your son will do fine in life, I would guess better than most, To God be the Glory!! He is so precious to me & my family.
    Greg
    Thanks to you Greg for the reasonable thoughts. Reason seems to have been lost by most in these perilous times.... most of all....Thanks be to the Lord!
    I very much agree with you about the loss of much due to books, it seems that "education", as it is known today, has become as some kind of god to our distorted society.
    My hope is not for my son to be rich in the things of the "world" or popular, etc. but rich in godly wisdom, the knowledge of right things, to have discernment to lead him on the straight and narrow and that he know the Lord.
    Have a blessed day.

M.L.

Thank you!
    This has also been my hope & prayer. There has been sleepless nights but my son is back on the straight & narrow, a answer to many prayers. He is a good man and our Lord is Faithful and does answer prayer.
    He and his wife went away for weekend (his 30th birthday) my wife & I keep there 2-daughters 3 & 5 year old. It was a great weekend, being a grandpa is awesome!! But kinda glad I'm going back to work tomorrow, to rest up. Ha ha.
    Good to talk with a man of wisdom & Faith.
    Good night Brother, best wishes

Just an update....since I have not posted any further progress on the boat, I wanted to let you all know why.

The guy that owns the boat has had some bad news and work is halted on the boat for now...His 2 year old was diagnosed with leukemia, they have begun chemo on Blake at St. Jude in Memphis, TN.

All prayers will be much appreciated.

Prayers coming there way from the Volunteer state. St Jude is a great hospital.
    Also thx for the update, I enjoy threads like these.