Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default Need advice on a welding job

This may not be the place to ask this but does robotic welding experience mean anything? The reason I ask is because recently I was laid off from my job because they're really slow at my previous job and could no longer sustain my employment, so whatever that's called I'm looking for a new job. Long story short, I'm stuck between a decision between taking a MIG welding job at a shop that needs help on all three shifts and is growing and taking a 2nd shift robotic welding job for a different company that is also growing. Both jobs are willing to provide some training but I'm not sure how robotic welding experience will look on my resume in the future. I have 20 months experience in the field, mostly MIG welding but I have 3 months of TIG welding experience in mild and stainless steel as well if you're wondering, that's what I have to go off of. I'm open to any suggestions, I hope there are people on this forum who have done robotic welding so I can hear what they have to say.

Default Need advice on a welding job

I went to school to program a Panasonic robotic welder. It's fun to program it but when it comes to run production it makes a long day of work. I don't have to run it unless someone doesn't show up to work. I prefer manual welding in a heart beat. I think it is good knowledge to have but I would not want to do it for a long period of time.

Cool

Nope...I did it for 6 months at 11 bucks an hour. But i did learn lots about them...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48