Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default pin hole problems

1" thick 1018 plate
    .045 E70C 26.0 volts 410 wire speed
    CS6 gas.
    Back to back filet welds. First weld runs smooth and has zero holes. When I weld the second side the holes come up through the weld. Material is very clean. Sand blasted. Wiped down.

Add Content
    Attached Images Attached Images

The vertical had holes that i filled. It looks like crap i know. Im going over it withTIG. Thanks in advance!!

Cool

Too much wire speed...Bob
    Bob Wright, Grandson of Tee Nee Boat Trailer Founder
    Metal Master Fab Salem, Oh 44460
    Birthplace of the Silver & Deming Drill
    1999 MM185 w/185 Spoolgun,1986 Thunderbolt AC/DC
    Spool Gun conversion. How To Do It. Below.
    http://www.millerwelds.com/resources...php?albumid=48

Too much wire speed, too much travel speed. Slow it down, put more bevel in if necessary, maybe use multiple passes. Looks like just atmosphere looking for a place to escape the puddle. Those holes are not porosity, they are not contamination.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

Your correct. Not perosity. Too much wire speed huh? I will try turning it down. The settings on the machine were not put there by me. They had been programmed in by a Lincoln engineer. Maybe that's the problem. The machine is the wrong color. Ha ha. Thank you for the input.

Don't matter if red or blue, I just looked at the picture you posted. Looked like way fast travel. I saw nothing right about it. Just remember, the theoretical is not always the practical, no matter what Lincoln or Miller tells you.
    Obviously, I'm just a hack-artist, you shouldn't be listening to anything I say .....

But then again, read my sig line, don't pay attention to anything I say......

Right. The Lincoln thing was a joke. It's a spray mig setting. Flat position only. Not that it changes the fast travel speed or high wire speed. Just giving a little more info.

I dont know what a sig line is. But I will try everything you suggested. Not like its going to kill me. I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!!