Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default sick and tires of online Trolls

Thanks to a few senior members with their personal vendettas for getting yet another (I thought) useful thread locked! (Re:diff liners for .023-.045)

No need to pass on your misery Just because you are unhappy or missing something in your own life.

In the future please don't bother to write, comment, look if you will be trolling and out to pick fights!!!

Rant over
    Last edited by ericher69; 08-06-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Eh, don't sweat the petty things, just pet the sweaty things. ;-)

Best thread ever!

Ericher, yes I agree things got a little childish at the end but, your question was answered and then re-answered when you were trying to save money in the wrong areas. You bought over a 2500$ welder and trying to nickel and dime over a 10$ liner. I think they were more trying to get the point across than looking for confrontation. It would be like buying a Ferrari and asking if its ok to drive it around on Chinese bias ply tires because you think speed rated radials cost too much. Yes it would work (sort of).... But why!?!
    Last edited by Manisoba; 08-08-2013 at 12:37 PM.

The problem is that we live in an age when a large percentage of the population has a small device in their pocket that allows access to the entirety of human information and they use it to pick anonymous fights like little children!
    MillerMatic 251
    CST 280 w/tig torch
    HF-251-D1
    Cutmaster 42
    Victor Journeyman OA

A rockcrawler, er money pit, in progress...

Manisoba;

Because I believe in not "wasting" my money!

I shopped around for 4 months for the 252 till I found a price I was willing to pay for the "Ferrari"

Now the premium rubber came with it and I was just wondering if the .035 liner/all season tires would work in all circumstances?? Maybe not ideal but why have a set for dry/wet/mud/snow when one could do?

And it isn't just the $12 liner but also tips and drive rolls.

Anyways I've ordered a .023 kit next will be .045

Quote Originally Posted by Manisoba View Post
    Ericher, yes I agree things got a little childish at the end but, your question was answered and then re-answered when you were trying to save money in the wrong areas. You bought over a 2500$ welder and trying to nickel and dime over a 10$ liner. I think they were more trying to get the point across than looking for confrontation. It would be like buying a Ferrari and asking if its ok to drive it around on Chinese bias ply tires because you think speed rated radials cost too much. Yes it would work (sort of).... But why!?!
    I don't think he had a problem with the answers but with the fact that someone chimed in on his thread and commented about another person's post which then resulted in Ericher's thread being a pissing match between those 2 members.

Ed Conley
    http://www.screamingbroccoli.net/
    MM252
    MM211
    Passport Plus w/Spool Gun
    TA185
    Miller 125c Plasma 120v
    O/A set
    SO 2020 Bender
    You can call me Bacchus

Lol the joys of trying to interpret ones context through a computer screen. Ericher, I'm not pointing fingers at you or faulting you for your question. I was merely trying to state that you have a couple guys who gave you good answers based on experience and then there were a few people giving mediocre advice (bias ply tires lol). Some people in this world are smart asses (myself included) and its just a touch hard to see the body language that come with it when your just looking at words. If they are taking the time to answer your question they are probably not there to be an a$&hole. It's all in the context

yep, i stay away for a few weeks, and nothing has changed. wtf is going on here, a welder works with heavy iron and fire, not a ***** job by any means. but go on this forum and read some of the crap that is floating around, it makes us real welders look like a bunch of women with pms *****ing at each other.

My Female Plant Manager explained it to me many years ago,

all the maintenance guys are Dix, welders included cuz:

Firstly we're all relatively the same as we've all coalesced into the craft. Secondly, our entire lives people have come to us and said "can you fix this (help me) and we say yes.

We do the deed and get satisfaction for it. Over time the positive reinforcement and gratification leads us to believe we can always do it and thusly always right. And we're largely correct but it leads us into a self confidence that lesser mortals find annoying.

BTW, Marce was the best Plant manager I ever knew and I would follow her thru the gates of H*LL if she told me she could run it. And she would! And her husband was a welder:_))
    Last edited by GT6Steve; 08-09-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Miller Diversion 165
    1966 Bridgeport Mill
    Leblond 15x 35 Regal Servoshift lathe
    Solberga SE 1425 Drill Press
    Bigass Bandsaw
    Hydraulic press
    small surface grinder
    Belt sander
    Tons of grinders and hand tools
    Knife edge Balancing rollers
    Heat and AC in the garage

Jags and racing Triumphs