Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Clint Guest

Default Shoping for a welder

I'm in the market for a welder. I want a wire feed mig to do body work and some frame work on trucks and cars. does anyone have any ideas on what i need or would best suit me. thanks

Default welding machines

A Miller 210 MIG will do the job. If you want to build bigger stuff with your machine, then I suggest a larger model.

Default where you located?

Where you located? Welcome to the forum!...yes the 210 gets great reviews.
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

What's your budget and level of experience? MM210 is an awesome choice for what you describe.

Mac, you keep talking good about the MM210 like that and you will end up with one.

Ditto on the 210, fwiw.
    Don

'06 Trailblazer 302
    '06 12RC feeder
    Super S-32P feeder

HH210 & DP3035 spool gun
    Esab Multimaster 260
    Esab Heliarc 252 AC/DC

welcome Clint

check out www.cyberweld.com great people and customer service
    welders drop shipped straight from Miller...GOOD Prices

good luck

Default good welder

I have a millermatic 251. I LOVE IT. I'm an amateur welder, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can't do with this machine. There are plenty of inexpensive machines, but here's the kicker:
    The more you pay, the better the machine AND more importantly, the more features you get. For a misfit like myself, the features are the key to welding like a pro. I'm fortunate to have a nice classified newspaper in my area and got an almost new machine for a great price with extra's like gigantic spools of various wire and a huge (near full) bottle of gas.
    A nice machine can almost last a lifetime so choose a good brand like Miller, check your budget and research just like you're doing.
    Good luck.

Default get one

clint, Did u ever get a welder?
    Gone But Never Forgotten!

Default Wire feed mig

I strongly recomend the miier 251mig or the miller 350 mig. I feel it is always better to buy more machine than you need because you never know what the future will bring. It is always better to have extra power than to not have enough power. Of course there is always that budget limit thing though.

I use a Lincoln 175 plus alot for light stuff cause of its portability. The Millermatic 210 would do great if portability isn't an issue. I just bought a Miller Dynasty 200DX cause I wanted a tig and it will plug into anything.