Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Default 1995 Trail Blazer wont idle down.

I have a 1995 Trail Blazer with a 2 cylinder Onan Motor that does not want to idle down.

Its been sitting in storage for about a year ( Its a back up welder ) The last time we used the welder it ran fine.

Any ideas.

I did a little checking to make sure the plunger on the solenoid is not froze up and its not sticky at all, It just has the normal resistance.

I was able to manually pull the lever back to make it idle but as soon as I let go it goes to high idle.

Quote Originally Posted by Portable Welder View Post
    I did a little checking to make sure the plunger on the solenoid is not froze up and its not sticky at all, It just has the normal resistance.

I was able to manually pull the lever back to make it idle but as soon as I let go it goes to high idle.
    You either have a bad solenoid,a bad module or a bad connection. Jump the solenoid to 12v to see if it works. check the wires coming from the module after minute of no load to see if it is delivering 12v to the solenoid. Most likely a bad module. Mine will deliver 12v, but no amps. I am considering putting on a relay on mine to stop requiring all of the amps through the module.

Default 1995 Trail Blazer wont idle down.

Check PC1 control board, mine did that because one of the circuits was fried.

A model # would be real handy, perhaps a serial#?????

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I could'nt wait and decided to take it in.

Thanks however, I was hoping for a quick fix.