Miller Electric

Welding Discussion Forums

Home » Resources » Communities » Welding Discussion Forums

Miller Welding Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Hybrid View

Default question about bobcat 250

I have a 2008 bobcat 250 w/ the kohler that is constantly revving while on high. This stops while welding though. The solenoid that controls the throttle is continously moving back and forth. Any ideas what causes this?

thanks

Dave

Add Content

Whoops, meant to say " is there any grinders, drills, battery chargers, or lights of some sort pluged in?

Also when was the last time you fueled it? Did you fuel anything else at the same time? If so does that have problems running to?

think I narrowed it down to stopped up idle jets in the carb.

May be but I doult it, many of these units even from new do the same thing, Basically the carbs are set up too lean on idle. so the fix is to merely close the choke valve slightly. Problem vanishes

I take it you mean the engine is surging.

You could be looking at a governor sensitivity adjustment issue. Try moving the governor spring outward on the governor lever one hole and see if it improves. If it does but doesn't take all the surge out, move it out another hole if available. Note you will have to check/reset the maximum speed adjustment to spec.
    MM200 w/spot controller and Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180 SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus LPG/NG w/14-pin*
    *Homemade Suitcase Wire Feeder
    *HF-251D-1
    *WC-1S & Spoolmatic 1
    PakMaster 100XL
    Marquette "Star Jet" 21-110

I had a couple welders do the same thing.. it is the most aggravating thing. I got rid of one and ended up replacing the carb on the other. Seemed I tried everything else before that